Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Six

[ANNA]
I was still a little angry with Alex for what happened last night, but I was trying not to be. I mean, it wasn't really his fault. He was really drunk.
I looked at the clock, it was five thirty. I had to meet him in a half hour.
I quickly straightened my hair, and then I walked outside to my car. It took about twenty minutes to get to our meeting spot. When I arrived, it was five minutes after six.
I could see Alex standing not to far from where I parked. I walked up to him, and tapped him on the shoulder, suddenly feeling a little nervous.
"Anna!" He said with a grin as he turned around. "For a minute I thought you weren't going to show up."
"Well, I did." I laughed nervously, checking out his appearance. He had slid a black beanie over his light brown hair, something he seemed to do a lot. He was wearing a black Glamour Kills shirt and black skinny jeans. His feet were covered by gray Nike's.
For the first time since I met him, I noticed how gorgeous he really was, with brown eyes, and very slight stubble lining his face.
"So, is there anything specific you want to do?" He asked me.
"Um, not really anything specific." I replied, looking around at the selections of things to do.
"Are you hungry? Do you want to get something to eat?" He suggested.
"Sure." I said with a smile, and we made our way over to one of the restaurants.
We sat down at one of the tables, and a waitress came over and brought us menus and took our drink orders. I ordered a coke, and Alex ordered a beer.
I raised an eyebrow at him after the waitress left.
"I'm not going to drink more than this one beer." He told me, which made me feel better.
"So tell me about yourself." He said, as the waitress returned to the table with our drinks.
I took a sip from my coke and began "Well, my name is Anna Montgomery. I'm twenty two, I have an older brother and a little sister, and I work at a bookstore."
"How old are your siblings?" He said, sipping from his drink.
"My brother is twenty six, and my sister is seventeen." I told him.
"Are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asked, returning to the table.
"I'll just have a burger." Alex said, then looked at me. I hadn't even glanced at the menu, so I just ordered the same thing.
"Alright, I'll have that up for you shortly." She said as she walked away.
"So you have any hobbies?" Alex questioned.
"Not really, I used to sing a lot for choir back in high school, but I haven't done that in a while.I play a little guitar, and I really like photography." I informed him.
"You play guitar and sing?" He asked, I nodded. "We have so much in common." He laughed.
"I guess, I haven't really sang or played in a while though." I admitted. "So why don't you tell me about yourself?"
"Alright, well my name is Alex Gaskarth, and I sing and play guitar in a band called All Time Low." He began with a smirk "I am twenty three years old, born on December 14th, and a lot of people don't know this, but I am also an expert at knitting."
"Seriously?" I laughed.
"No, I have no clue how to knit." He said truthfully, causing us both to crack up.
"Do you have any siblings? I asked, taking a bite out of my burger, which the waitress had just placed on out table.
His smile faded, and he shook his head. I dropped the subject.
"Um, so do you like working at a bookshop?" He asked after an awkward silence.
"Not really, the only reason I do it is because I need the money. I can't get a job anywhere else." I replied, my cheeks reddening from embarrassment.
"You said you liked photography, would you ever want to do something with that?" He questioned.
"Yeah, I probably would. I've actually tried to do something professionally with it. I went to a special photography college, but after I tried to find jobs, but nobody wanted to hire me." I said sadly.
"Well, maybe you could take some pictures of the band?" He suggested "If you want, give me some of your work, and I'll show it to our tour manager."
"Seriously, that'd be awesome." I said excitedly.
"Yeah, it's not a problem. Just let me know when you want to give me a sample." He smiled, handing the waitress his credit card.
"If you want, we can do it now. We can head back to my place, and I can grab it?" I suggested, eager to get a job doing something I enjoy.
"Yeah, that's perfect." he grinned, the waitress brought him back his card, and we stood up to leave the restaurant. I hesitated before walking to my car.
"Do you, um, want to follow me? Or do you want to go in my car?" I asked him.
"I'll just go with you." He answered, and followed me over to my car. I unlocked the doors, and he climbed in the passenger seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So um yeah. Sucky, decent, good? What do you guys think. I'm not really sure about this one....anyways, let me know. Comments and opinions are always appreciated :D