Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Don't Pass Me By, Don't Make Me Blue

Image
I looked around. My room was littered with sheets and sheets of paper.

It had been two days since I talked to Frank and three since I last left my room. When Cookie saw Frank storm out, she came to check on me and she decided to just leave me alone for a bit. My sister was about as pissed as I was when I told her about Frank, but I convinced her to let it pass. Gerard, Maddie, Mikey, Ray and Bob stopped calling after a while, I guess Cookie told them to leave me alone.

I spent these last three days alternating between drawing, listening to old mix tapes Frank had made me, and looking out the window. I drew everything that came to mind. Unfortunately, more than half of what came to mind was Frank.

This was all really weird for me, mind you. I don’t normally get upset. I let things pass me by; I go with the flow, all that stuff. But this was Frank, Frank made all the difference. I’d never fought with Frank and I’d never thought I would. I looked down to see his eyes staring back at me from my paper. I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

Just then, my sister knocked on the door.

“Yeah?”

“Gerard and Maddie are here, should I tell them to leave?” I thought about it. What the hell?

“No, I’ll be right down.”

“Oh, o-okay.” She sounded surprised.

I looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess and I was wearing one of Frank’s old Smashing Pumpkins T-shirt. God, it’s not like I broke up with him. I combed my hair and tried to look a little more alive.

I took a deep breath and opened my door, all noise ceased. “Hey guys.” I smiled and they didn’t hesitate to return it.

“So, how’s it… going?” Gerard asked nervously.

I giggled “Cut the crap and hug me, Gee.” He exhaled and attacked me in a hug. “That goes for you, too, Maddie.”

“Gah, I feel like I haven’t seen you guys in ages!” I made a face.

“Damn, girlie. It’s only been like, two days.”

“It’s been two very long days, Gee.” I pointed out.

“Anyway, what’s been eating you?” I winced.

“Do you really wanna know?”

“Is it that bad?” Maddie was surprised.

“Um, I’m pretty sure I’m overreacting, but, yeah. Kinda.”

“Go on.” Gerard waved his hand.

“Okay, so after work, Cookie and I walked over to Starbucks for some hot chocolate.” Gerard suppressed a laugh as Maddie glared at him. “And Cookie and I always see Marco there. But this time, she was choking some guy behind the counter with her tongue. Then, Frank decided, for some reason, to come over today, and I told him. He thought I was lying and said that I was jealous of how much better and prettier Marco is than I. He called me a bitch and stomped off.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, you’re definitely not overreacting.” Maddie said, shocked.

“That dick.” Gerard sneered.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to dwell on it. If he wants to apologize, okay, if he wants to continue with his slag, fine by me. I don’t give a shit.” I shrugged.

They looked ast me like I’d sprouted another head. “What that’s look for?”

“Well, if that had happened to me, he would’ve been long gone.” Maddie widened her eyes.

“Whatever, life’s too short to fight. You know what we should do? Busking.” I grinned and ran upstairs to grab my guitar.

“C’mon.” I urged and practically shoved them out the door.