Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

The Light Switch

Image
I ran out the door before she could see me, Cookie close behind me. Neither of us tried to speak as we made our way to my car.

“Cookie, do you think I should tell him?” I chewed on my lip ring nervously.

“I don’t know what to say. I would tell him, though.” She still looked a little shocked. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

“You’re right, he should know, I don’t know if he’s going to like it or not, but I’m gonna tell him.

“Fluffy, I’m home!” I locked the door behind me.

“Hey – Hey! Rosario. When was the last time I saw you around here?” she asked doing a double take and putting her hands on her hips.

She laughed.“Well, she’s been going out with Mikey.” I smirked.

“Oh, it’s about time!” My sister exclaimed.

“Even you thought so?” Cookie stood dumbfounded.

“I’m not that old you know” she scoffed.

“Whatever, she’s staying the night.” “Okay, well dinner’s in the microwave.”

Cookie was sprawled out all over me as we watched “Sixteen Candles” when I heard my window open. Cookie shot up and we almost butted heads.

“Did you hear that?” she whispered. I nodded “Yeah.” She quietly got up and I followed suit. We heard a crash and someone cursing, we were really shitting out pants now.

“Ohmygod, ohmygod--.”

“Shush.” Cookie commanded. “Okay, I’ll grab the tennis racket and you grab the baseball bat, ‘kay?” She gestured to where my sister kept her sports equipment. I nodded quickly.

We made our way upstairs and burst open the door. “Fuck!” Cookie and I let out blood-curdling screams and so did whoever was in my room. She yanked me back and held up her bat. The person fumbled around for the lights as I hid behind Cookie. The person found the light switch.

I sighed and Cookie put her hand over her heart.

“What the fuck, Frank?”

“Me? You just broke my fucking nose!” I looked at his nose, I really did wreck it. I looked at Cookie and she got the message.

“I’ll just be downstairs.”

I Frank followed me to the bathroom. I cleaned up his nose and neither of us spoke.

“There, nothing’s broken.”

I gave him a tiny smile that he returned. “Look, I’m really sorry; I haven’t been spending time with you lately.

I sighed “Frank, what happened to ‘bros before hos’?” I looked at him. He laughed but stopped when he saw that he was serious.

“Carol, I’m sorry, but I – and I know it’s no excuse – I really like Laura. “

My heart split into a million pieces. “You – you really like her?”

He looked at me strangely “Yeah, I really do.”

“Gah, Frank. I don’t want to do this.” He was still confused. “Do what?”

I took a really deep breath. “Frank, I have to tell you something and I don’t think you’ll like it.” He stayed quiet. I close my eyes’ “Laura’s been cheating on you.” I opened my eyes slowly and saw that his expression had changed completely. “You, know how Cookie and I always stop by Starbucks after I clock out? Well, we see her there a lot and today we saw her making out with a guy behind the counter.”

“I can't believe you.” He shook his head. “Why do you hate her so much? She’s never done anything to you.”

I was pissed. “Yes, she has Frank! From the first day. I just never told you because you were so obsessed with her and I didn’t want to hurt you!”

He got up, “Just stop lying and tell me the truth.”

“Frank, what the hell? I am telling you the truth. ”

He got really close to me. “You know why you’re lying to me? Because you’re jealous. You’re jealous that I like her better than you. You’re jealous that she’s so much better and prettier than you.” I couldn’t believe him.

“Get the fuck out here.”

“Gladly, bitch.” He spat. He walked out of the bathroom and I heard the front door slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank's such an asshole.