Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Walmarting

Image
I woke up to the sound of the Offspring. I showered and got ready, pulling on my uniform and jumping into my car with Frank, once he showed up. I was still freaking out over his little comment from yesterday. And I never freak out. You see what Frank does to me?

He acted as if nothing happened, which led me to believe that nothing had happened. We said our goodbyes and went on with my day.

-----

The lunch bell rang and I slowly picked my head up off of my desk and rubbed my eyes. Looking around, I saw some random nun giving me a look. I shot back a look as well, and got my stuff together, heading for the cafeteria.

As I walked down the hallways listening to Nirvana on my Walkman, I was pulled on by an arm. I tore off my headphones angrily. “What the hell do you want?!” I looked up to see Marco looking down at me. I relaxed, knowing it was just her “The questions stands, Marco.” I said calmly putting my hand on my hip.

She scowled and got real close to my face. “Don’t talk to me like that, you twerp.”

I could only laugh.

“Don’t laugh at me either.” I looked her in the eye and she started “You know, Frank loves me. He told me so, so don’t even think about going after him.”

I raised my eyebrows, amused. “Really, is that why he broke up with your skank ass?”

She gasped and jabbed a perfectly french-manicured into my chest. “Just watch what you do, freak.” She spat and I smiled, walking away.

I put my headphones back on and was interrupted by someone. Well, I ran into someone’s chest, because, you know, I’m a retard who walks with her eyes closed, miming the bass lines to music. “Hey, there you are. C’mon.” Frank said and dragged me along somewhere.

I smiled when he decided he should hold my hand instead of dragging me by wrist when yet another nun walked past us. He walked out to the back of the school, by the parking lot and looked around. “Alright! The coast is clear.” He let go of my hand and ran to sit under our tree. My smiled kind of faded when I remembered all the times I’d seen him and Marco underneath it, but it returned when I saw Frank calling me over.

“We’re skipping the rest of today ‘kay?” he asked picking at a blade of grass.

“Groovy.” I said simply and sat down next to him. “So what are we gonna do instead?” I asked after a while of conversation that would only make sense to Frank and I. He looked at me with a devious look in his eye. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” he asked. “Oh yeah.” I drew out the “oh.”

He stood up and exclaimed “WALMART!”

-----

I went home and showered, having dropped Frank off at his house after work. I’m gonna miss going to Walmart.

I now stood before my bed, deciding on what to wear to go over to the Ways' place.

I decided on a faded yellow Beatles t-shirt and black skinny jeans, with rips in the knees. I wore my infamous Misfits belt and my scuffed up Converse, as usual. I went back to my bathroom mirror to blow dry my hair and straighten it, as usual. My hair was naturally wavy, but I always straightened it. Occasionally, I curled it, but purely out of boredom.

I loved doing people’s hair, cutting it, dyeing it, styling it, everything. Just ask Frank how many times he was the guinea pig for my experiments. I was by no means either a tomboy or a girly girl. I was in the healthy middle, I didn’t like either stereotype.

I combed my hair and parted it to the side, fluffing my bangs and smacked on some red lipstick. I couldn’t wear make up at school, but that didn’t mean I didn’t want to. I put on some eyeliner to make my eyes stand out and put in my lip ring. I put on this panda beanie that Mikey and I had identical copies of and I looked in the mirror and cocked my head to the side. “It’s as good as it’s gonna get.” I sighed.

“Hey, Fluffy?” She looked up from the magazine she was reading on the couch and smiled.

“Did you get dolled up for Frankie?” she wiggled her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

“Not him specifically, but yes. Whatever.” She laughed and put down her magazine. She stood up and walked past me to the fridge. She was only a few inches taller than me, and I hated her for it.

“So how are things going with Al?” I asked rocking back and forth on my feet. She looked over her shoulder and sighed, closing the fridge and leaning against it. “He’s amazing! I think I love him, Carol.”

My jaw dropped “You love him?”

“I said I think-“

“Oh, my god! This is awesome, when you guys get married I’m totally your maid of honor.” I said grabbing my keys.

“Yeah, but only ‘cuz I don’t have any other female friends”. She said smirking.

“Fuck you.” I slammed the door and got into my baby.

-----

“Hey, Mrs. Way. Good to see ya.” I said as I greeted Donna with a hug.

“Oh, Carolina, I told you to call me Donna.”

“Okay Donna.” I articulated the “Donna” in a funny voice. She laughed and went off to do Mrs. Way stuff, I guess. I was about to go down to the basement when the boys popped out form the door.

“Carolina!” Gerard picked me up in a hug, squeezing the bejeezus out of me.

“Gee, I need air!” I said in a raspy voice. He let me go and I took in air only to be bear hugged by Ray.

“Ray-Ray! I exclaimed as he picked me up. He passed me on to Bob, who hugged me like he hadn’t seen me in ages, who then passed me on to Mikey and Cookie.

“You guys, I’m not a football.” I whined, still hanging off of Mikey. He laughed and let me down.

“Maddie, baby!” I exclaimed and attacked Maddie. She hugged me back and I turned as Donna spoke up.

“Alright you guys, you know the drill.” She said looking at us, one by one. “Gerard, you’re in charge. No sex, no alcohol, no drugs. Got it?” she asked sternly.

Gerard and Mikey mock-saluted her. “Yes, ma’am.” They said in unison. She rolled her eyes and said “I’ll be back Thursday.

She left and locked the door behind, only to be opened by Frank a few minutes later. We were sitting in the living room and Frank walked in and plopped down on my lap. “Hello, there Frank.”

“Alright, now we can this party started.” Gerard said wrapping his arm around Maddie. This is gonna be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
blah, blah