Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Perfect Situation

Image
I sat in front of the principal’s office and he plopped down next to me. I watched in horror as he sprayed breath freshener into his putrid little mouth. He turned to me and smiled his pedophile smile, “You know, the offer’s still open. You don’t have to get in trouble.”

“Oh my fucking god.” I stood up and ran over to the counter. The nurse popped her head up and smiled. “What are you in for now, Carolina?” she pursed her lips.

Damn, I’ve been here that many times?

“Uh, creeper over there,” I nudged my head in the twerp’s general direction “Asked me out and I refused so he said, either I accepted or he’d report my hair that he found ‘oh so sexy.” I made air quotes and I could’ve sworn she twitched.

“Well, once you talk to Tom, he’ll let you off the hook”, she winked at me; “Just make sure Malcolm doesn’t.” I laughed a little and she joined in.

When people said ‘the principal’, they meant the dean of discipline; Malcolm Cummings. That man hated me with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

My first day here, Frank told me not to mess with him; I told him he was kidding. To prove him wrong, I told a nun to fuck off and enter Mr. Cummings.

They sent me off to his office and I explained my ‘situation’ as seriously as I could. He told me I was being stupid and gave me a detention. I laughed my ass off when I read his signature on the slip and he gave me week’s worth of detention.

It didn’t end there though. I tell him to lighten up all the time, but he never takes my advice. He got pissed when Frank and I got our lips pierced and he got so exasperated with me and “my incessant babble” that he sent me off to the actual principal; Tom Frasier. I ended up telling him of all my adventures with ‘Cummy’ and we had a good laugh and left Frankie-boy dumbstruck. He told me the rings were ‘kickass’; same thing went with the pink bangs; same thing’ll go down today.

Mind you Neville has reported me for all three things.

Anywho, I told the nurse – whose name is Jackie – whatever random shit popped into my head but gave me an excuse to hide from Neville. My name was called over the speakers and I shuffled on over to Cummy’s office. Neville opened the door for me and shoved past him and let it slam on his face. I grabbed the first seat there, sat Indian-style and rested my face on my fist. “Wassap, Cummy?” I smrked.

He raised an eyebrow, “Do we really have to go over this again, Saco?”

I grinned, “Go over what, sir?”

He sighed and rubbed his temples, I glanced back at Neville and he wiggled his eyebrows. My lip curled unintentionally (maybe, not really) and he said, “You are to refer to me as Mr. Cummings, not Cummy, not Cum, not bro, brah, dude, dawg, Mr. Cummings. Got it?” he stated exasperated.

“That’s not very creative, not is it, Cummy?” I played dumb.

He rolled his eyes and sighed. He put his head in hands, “Neville, what did she do?”

“Uh, uh, her h-hair, s-sir.” He stuttered and I giggled. Com’s head snapped back up and he glared at me, “I see. Now, what have I said about the piercings, hair dye, and Iero’s tattoos?”

I laughed, “One,” I raised a finger, “Don’t bring Frank into this. Two, it doesn’t matter what you say, what matters is what Tommy says.” I said pointedly.

“Fine, just go to Mr. Frasier.” he exaggerated his name.

“Whatevs,” I shrugged and hopped off to Tom’s room.

-----

I gave Tom one last wave and walked out of the main office, flipping a confused Neville off in the process. I laughed to myself and walked over to my locker. I’d been excused from class all day thanks to that great man. I shoved my books back into my book bag and serenaded the empty hallway with “Perfect Situation”.

“What’s the deal, with my brain?

Why am I so obviously insane?

In a perfect situation, I let love down the drain.”

“No you didn’t.” I grinned and turned. “Frank.”

He giggled and grabbed my hands. He led me off towards the doors and asked, “So, where were you today?”

I giggled, “Talking to Tommy.” He gave ma weird look and I continued, “Neville said my hair was “sexy” but if I didn’t go out with him, he’d report it.” He raised an eyebrow and I laughed harder, “I told him to fuck off, so he took me to Cummy.” He giggled at this, “And Cummy sent me off to Tommy, who let spend the day talking about the Rat Pack with him.”

He giggled and shook his head, “What am I going to do with you, babe?”

I raised my eyebrows pointedly, “Fuck you, Iero.”

-----

We walked into Starbucks, hand in hand. It was the first time I’d been there since the Marco incident. Frank said “Fuck it”, so whatever.

We got our coffee, well I my case hot chocolate, and I looked around. “Chill, Carol, she’s not here.”

As if on cue, Marco appeared next to us. “Frankie?” she batted her fake eyelashes and flipped her bottle blond hair in what I assume she meant to have been a sexy fashion. Frank barely glanced at her, “What?”

I grinned and she glanced down at the knot formed by our hands. She gasped andher lips formed a sneer, accentuated by the totally-penciled-in 'beauty mark' on her ridiculously blunt chin, “You’re going out with this slut now?”

I laughed on the inside, this stupid ass needed to learn the definition of slut, but I kept my game face on. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” Frank growled.

“Nothing, Frankie. But seriously, this is what you’ve stooped down to?” she pointed a perfectly-manicured finger at me, looking as disgusted as ever.

Frank opened his mouth to argue, but I beat him to the chase. “Listen here, Marco. I don’t know what I’ve ever done to you, but I don’t give a shit, nor does Frank. And I don’t know what’s up your ass, but don’t, by any means, let it be me.” She stared slack jawed and I kept serious.

She scoffed in disbelief and tried to speak again, I waved her off, “Buh-bye Marco.”I said in a baby voice.

She scurried off in her clackity-fucking-clack heels and I turned to Frank. He had his eyes wide and was nodding slowly, he put his arm around my shoulders and turned to leave, “Remind me not to mess with you, you’ll kick my ass.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the comments and the venom