Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Blue Sunflowers

Image
I think I hated them more than math.

So, there.

“Fuck, Frank. What am I gonna do?” I groaned yet again.

I fucking loathed my parents.

Frank looked at me, sympathy in his hazel eyes. “Don’t you think you’re taking this a bit too far?”

I glared at him, “You know, fully well, that my parents are assholes.” I raised my eyebrows.

“And when – oh my god, when they see you Frank!” I gasped and ran hands down my face in frustration.

He was confused, “They hated you when you were tattoo-less, piercing-free, and NOT my boyfriend. Can you just imagine what they’ll think now?” I raised my eyebrows pointedly.

His eyes widened, “Good point.” He nodded slowly.

He gave a short sigh and stood up from his place beside me on his blue-blanketed bed. I looked up at him and he nudged his head in the direction of bedroom door, “C’mon.” I raised an eyebrow but asked no question.

He grabbed his jacket off his desk chair and passed me mine, “Frank?” I looked at him, jacket in hand. He looked back at me and rolled his eyes, shaking his head. He came behind me and literally shoved me out the door.

He led me down the stairs and locked the door on his way out. He started off the sidewalk. I kept quiet and he reached out for my hand. He intertwined it with his own and leaned into me, “I’m not going to murder you, babe. I wanna show you something.” I smiled and he kissed my lips. I eventually deducted we were heading to the park. Well, not the park – our tree spot by the swings. How cliché. I didn’t really like to hang out here, much less alone, and especially not at night.

C’mon, we live in fucking Jersey.

We arrived at our swings and took our place beside each other. The knot our hands formed hung between us and we rocked back and forth. “So if you’re not going to murder me...” I tailed off and looked around suspiciously.

He laughed and looked down, “No, you’re not going to die. Not by the church anyway,” he pointed towards the chapel with his perfect little chin and I laughed. “Just thought we’d come here, you know and you could chill.” he widened his eyes with the word “chill”.

I sighed with a sad smile, “I just don’t want them coming back Frank, even if it is for a while.” I said before he could argue. “I’m just so fucking happy and I don’t want them messing that up, you know?” I glanced back at him.

He had on a crazy ear-to-ear grin and I looked at him – yes, with that exact look.

“You know,” he started, laughing once he saw my face, “I’ve always thought of you as being like, the only good person in your family.” He was more serious now.

“I mean, save for Fluffy – the rest of them are jerks. But you’re special. You’re like the black sheep.” I giggled, he was so cheesy.

“It’s true, though”, he argued. “You’re like a sunflower.” He said with finality.

“I love sunflowers.” I said, still giggling.

“I know, of course I know.” He gushed and I rolled my eyes. “You’re like – you’re like a blue sunflower!” he said as if he’d just discovered the world’s biggest fucking secret.

I scrunched up my nose, “Babe, your imagination’s running away with you again.” He laughed and continued, “I know they don’t exist, smartass.” He insisted and I stuck my tongue out.

“Oh, how mature, Carolina!” he giggled. “Anyway,” he said once he’d calmed down. “You’re just like that, one-of-a-kind, unique, all that bullshit they feed you at the counselor’s office.” We laughed, knowing how many times we’d both been sent off to the counselor’s office.

“Goddamn, I feel like a Hallmark.” He rolled his eyes and I kissed his cheek. “I like Hallmark.”

“Oh so, you just like me because I sound like a Hallmark.” I shoved his shoulder, “You know I fucking love you, you stupid dick.” He smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short - I know, but here's where the title comes from! Its not gonna be gone though, this story's got plenty to go! And check out my kickass new banner! Hellz yeah! Anywho, be a doll and comment, por favor. :D