Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Creep

Image
I kept watching as the overture to “The Nightmare Before Christmas” played. Frank’s head was in my lap on the couch. I played with his hair and took in his face for the billionth time. I sighed heavily and he opened his eyes.

“What’cha thinking about?” he asked sitting up.

“Radiohead.” I said distantly. He laughed but I looked at him confused. “See, that’s why I love you.”

I raised my eyebrows. “You’re so fucking weird, only you would randomly think about Radiohead.”

I smiled. “Actually, I was thinking about learning “Creep”. It’s one of my favorites.”

“I could teach you.” he offered.

“You mean, when you’re not busy with Marco.” I huffed.

“Just because I’m with Laura, doesn’t mean I won’t have time for you. You’ll always be my number one girl.” He shook my shoulders. “Got it?”

“Yes, mother.” I smiled.

-----

I woke up with Frank next to me, snoring into my pillow. I got up and went to the bathroom, taking a quick shower. I looked around for my clothes but remembered I’d forgotten. Goddammit!

I walked into my room very quietly in my towel and found that Frank was still asleep. Yes. I got my clothes and was on my way to the bathroom, when I tripped over one of Frank’s shoes

“Fuck!” I yelped as Frank shot up to find me sprawled out on the floor with the towel barely covering me. He slapped his hand to his eyes as I quickly got up. “I’msorry,I’msorry!” I ran into the bathroom and quickly changed. I came out to find a very sorry-looking Frank. I’m really sorry Ca-.”

“It’s okay Frankie.” I cut him off. “Just forget about it.”

“Okay.” He hugged me and shoved past me to the bathroom.

“I was in the bathroom, Frank!”

“Chill, I’ll only be a minute.” I rolled my eyes. He always took forever; I used to wonder if he was gay.

I waited for Frank to finish before I could straighten my hair and brush my teeth. I walked downstairs to find him and my sister having pop tarts. “Good morning, Fluffy.” I said picking up my book bag.

“Good morning to you, too.” She grumbled over the edge of her coffee mug.

“C’mon, Frank we’re gonna be late.”

-----

“So, what are we doing today?” I asked; it was Frank’s turn to drive.

“Well, he scratched the back of his head. “I kinda… have a date … with Laura today.”

“Oh … well, that’s alright, I have to work today, anyway.”

We sat in silence until we arrived at school. “Well, I’ll see you at lunch.”

“Kay..", I walked off to find Cookie by her locker.

“What’s cookin’, good lookin’?” I joked stuffing my stuff in my locker. My smile fell when I saw her staring at me seriously.

“Have you told him yet?” she raised her eyebrows.

“No, and I don’t think I will anytime soon.”

“C’mon. I don’t know what you’re so afraid of, look at Mikey and I.”

“Cookie, he has a girlfriend. She might be a slutty one, but a girlfriend, nonetheless. I love him and he’s my best friend. I’ll tell him when it’s right.” I tired to reason.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “Anyway, give me the details.” I said.

“What details?” her eyebrows still hidden under her shortest layers.

“About you and Mikey, duh.” I rolled my eyes.

She blushed and found her Mary-Janes very interesting all of a sudden. “Well, we kissed.” She almost whispered.

“Oh, my little Cookie’s growing up.” I wiped away an imaginary tear.

“Shut up, I’m older than you.” She said nudging me. The bell rang.

“Oh, well. Time to go; I’ll see you at lunch.” She smiled and scurried off before I could respond.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS PLEEZE! XP