Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

To Fall In Love and Fall In Debt

Image
I sat down at lunch with Cookie and we waited for Frank. “So, are you coming to work with me today?” I asked, taking a bite of my apple.

“Well…, Mikey’s gonna pick me up today.” She said “That’s cool right? I mean I’m, still going to be with you, it’s the same place.”

I smiled “Chill, it was a trick question, of course it’s cool.”

“Hey” Frank said sitting down, letting Marco plop down on his lap.

“Laura, this is Cookie and Carolina. They’re my best girlfriends.” She offered her hand to me

“Hi, I’m so excited to meet you. Frankie’s told me sooo much about you.” I forced a smile. She turned to Frank and they started making out. I couldn’t tear my eyes away and that apple was creeping up on me.

Cookie sensed the tension and said “Well, we have to go to the bathroom.” She stood up and I did, too. They surfaced for air and Marco said “It was nice meeting you”, her eyes never leaving Frank. Bitch. “Yeah, I’ll see you after work, ‘kay?” Frank siad, oblivious.

“Sure." I sighed.

------

“See, if you had told him, this would’ve never happened. This is your fucking fault.” Cookie looked down at me with her arms crossed.

“I don’t want to fucking hear what I already fucking know, Cookie.” I looked past her to the tiled wall of the bathroom. The bell rang and I walked away.

As I walked to the parking lot, I saw Frank giggling with Marco. This was already disturbing enough, had it not been under our tree.

Frank and I hung out this tree whenever we skipped class, which was very often. I was already pissed, I didn’t need help. I let out a string of obscenities as I slid into my car. I hated Laura Marco since the ninth grade. She shoved me into my locker my first day here but I didn’t tell Frank, he was already obsessed with her skank ass.

I probably shouldn’t get this angry driving to work, there was always traffic. I worked with Mikey at Barnes and Noble and usually brought Cookie with me, but I guess Mikey would be taking her from now on.

-----

“Hey Mikes.” I said clipping on my name tag. “Cookiebooger.”

“Fuck you, Saco.” She retorted. “So, Mikey, anything I should get started on?” I sat up on the counter, or rather, I tried to get up on the counter, to their amusement. I’m too damn short.

“It’s not funny.” I whined. “Look, I’ll help you up.” Cookie picked me up and plopped down on the counter, and I still wasn’t as tall as Mikey.

“Thank you, Cookie, darling.”

“Anyway, we got a new magazine shipment. You can go do that.”

“Then what exactly are you going to do, Michael?” I raised an eyebrow. “I will be here, with my girlfriend.”

“Fine, I see how it is.” I jumped off the counter and almost broke my leg. I quickly turned and they stifled their laughter. I continued walking and could hear the laughing their asses off.

Bastards.