Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

The Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone Magazine

Image
I leaned on a bookshelf as I read the latest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine. I don’t even bother working quickly anymore. Mikey and I both knew that anyone hardly ever came in anyway. It was just us two, and the occasional Frank of Cookie.

So, I was really surprised when I heard footsteps coming my way. Fuck. “Hey, Carolina.”

I took a deep breath and looked up. “Hello, Laura. How can I help you, today?” I said standing up and putting away my magazine.

“I’m not here to buy a book, silly; I’m here to talk to you.” I raised my eyebrows and let slip a chuckle.

“Really, now?” She looked around.

“OK, bitch. I know that you like Frank.” Aw, hell no. “And I know that you’re going to stay away from him, because he’s mine.” She said in a harsh whisper.

“Listen here, skank.” I raised my voice. “I know that you don’t like Frank and that you’re just using him, and I’ve warned him about you, but he’s been too busy checking out your fucking ass. And because I’m his best friend, I’m gonna let him be happy, even if it means letting him be with a dirty little piece of shit like you.” She stared slack jawed and huffed, turning away from me and out the door.

Mikey and Cookie looked up from behind a shelf. “What the fuck was that?” Cookie said, wide eyed.

“It’s nothing, or she better keep it that way.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you angry before, Shorty.” Mikey said.

“That’s because I don’t get angry, Mikey. But this bitch messed with mah man.” I snapped my fingers and put my hand on my hip. “Ok, then .”

“By the way, Gee wants us to go home early, says he has an “announcement to make!” he said in a dramatic voice, we giggled.

“Ok, I’m clocking out. Let’s go get our Starbucks on!” Cookie said in a silly voice.

The bell rang as we walked through the door. We got in line and this one guy tried to skip me because he “didn’t see me behind the tall guy.” Bullshit.

“We’ll have one caramel macchiato, one mocha frappuccino, one hot chocolate.” He sniggered but kept on “and three chocolate chip cookies." I smacked Mikey’s arm

“What the fuck was that?” I asked frowning.

“Who the hell walks into Starbucks and orders a hot chocolate?” his eyebrows disappeared behind his hair.

“Babe, be nice. Little girls have little girl drinks.” Cookie smirked.

“Fuck you.” I whispered.

We got our stuff and sat down. The bell rang again and I looked up. “I’m out.” I said standing up and giving them a “stand-up-too-dammit” look. They did and we were almost out the door when we brushed past Marco. We shoved each other’s shoulders at the same time and spat.”Bitch”. “Whore.”

“I will see you guys, laterz.” I said backing up towards my car and pointing towards Cookie and Mikey, who continued down the sidewalk to his car.

----

I arrived at the Way house and knocked on the door. I was greeted by someone I can’t say I recognized. I guess she must’ve picked up on it because she laughed and offered her hand.

“Hi, my name’s Maddie.”I laughed nervously. “I’m Carolina.” I walked down to the basement behind Maddie. She was pretty; she had long blonde hair and big, bright blue eyes. She couldn’t have been much over five foot, but she was still big to me. Hell, everyone was. As I contemplated this, I was drawn from my dream by a hand flailing wildly over my face.

“Earth to the walrus” Cookie said. “Sorry ‘bout that.” I mumbled.

“Anyway” Gerard said loudly and rolling his eyes at me. ”I have an announcement. Shut the fuck up and don’t laugh.” We pulled straight faces. “This is Maddie. She’s my girlfriend.”

My eyes bugged out “Holy shit! You’re that Maddie?”

“We’ve heard so much about you.” Ray said smiling at her.

“Yeah, Gee always talking about you.” Bob said making them both blush.

Mikey pretended to cry and said “Welcome to the family.” I think he scared her shitless when he engulfed her in a hug.

“Um, okay. So this is Ray, Bob, Mikey, Cookie, and Carolina. Wait where’s Frank?” They all turned to me.

“He’s with his bitch.” I made a face and they laughed. “But we don’t need him. You just have to know he’s annoying.” I smiled at her.