Never Means Forever

Twelve

I woke up cuddling with someone. It took me a sec to remember what happened last night. I was so happy to be with Lucian. I wanted to stay and cuddle with him forever, but I thought it’d be nice to make him breakfast. I carefully slipped out of his grasp and ran downstairs. I went around the kitchen getting out the griddle, pancake mix, and a giant measuring cup. I turned on the griddle after plugging it in. I mixed the pancake mix and water perfectly. I grabbed the butter from the fridge and a spatula, and after letting the butter melt I poured the mix on. I made six less than perfect circles.
It didn’t take me long to make six chocolate chip pancakes and six boring regular ones. I was in the middle of making three more of each when Lucian hugged me.
“Hi!” I greeted brightly.
“Hello,” he said back kissing my cheek. “How did you sleep, Alexander?”
“Pretty good and you?” I asked turning to face him.
“I slept pretty well.”
“I hope you like pancakes.”
I do,” he replied.
“Go sit down. I’ll get you a plate.”
He went and sat down at the bar in our kitchen. I walked over to a cabinet and got three plates. I brought them back to the counter.
“Do you want regular or chocolate chip?” I asked smiling.
“How about one of each,” Lucian replied returning my smile.
I put one of each on his plate still smiling. I handed the plate to him then handed him a fork and the syrup. He waited while still smiling at me.
“Do you need anything else?” I asked respectfully.
“How about you eat with me?”
“One sec.”
I piled two chocolate chip pancakes and on regular one on my plate. I ran over and got a glass of milk.
“Do you want a glass of milk?” I offered.
“Yes, thank you.”
I poured him a glass as well. I carried them over and set my plate where I planned on eating. I ran down the hall to the office where I knew my dad was on his computer.
“Hey Dad, I made breakfast.”
He got up and left for the kitchen. I grinned to myself and followed him.
“Aww thanks Alex,” Dad said as he took my plate.
I reached for my plate. “Seriously Dad? Come on, I made breakfast, you can dish yourself up.”
He teased a bit longer before giving me my plate smiling.
“Thanks for making breakfast, Alex.”
“Thank you, Alexander.”
I smiled as we all dug into breakfast.
“So,” Dad prompted after a while. “Do you two have any plans today?”
I looked at Lucian and smiled. I didn’t know, but I knew it would be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if I don't post any chapters in the next few weeks. I'm going to be busy. :p