Status: Completed!

Rebel Love Song

Domestic Bliss

“Fuck.” I muttered, hanging up the phone. “Hey Jake?”

“Yeah?” He called back from his spot on the couch. Ashley was sitting with him watching TV.

“The Social Services people want us to go down and get fingerprinted in like half an hour.” I rubbed my face tiredly.

“Shit, really?” He groaned. “Fine, I’ll drive.”

“I can’t believe I’m asking this, but Ash, can you watch Lily for a bit?” I said, pulling on my jacket.

“Sure.” He grinned.

“No porn.” I warned, pointing at him.

“Of course not. Jesus.” He rolled his eyes. “Get out of here.”

“Why are they fingerprinting us?” Jake asked when we were in the car.

“Make sure you’re not a pedophile and I think it’s a precaution so they have our fingerprints on record just in case.”

“Whatever.” He shrugged. “I thought we were done with all our paperwork.”

“So did I, but I guess they forgot that part.” So we went in and got our fingerprints taken and headed for home.

I was hoping the house wouldn’t be burned down when we got back, but everything seemed normal. Davey was sunning himself on the kitchen table so I took him off and found another spot for him. We walked into the living room and found Ashley sitting on the floor, with Lily behind him on the couch. She appeared to be braiding ribbons into his hair. He was wearing red lipstick way off his lips and eyeliner was smeared all over his eyes.

“Lily decided to do my hair and makeup.” He said as an explanation to the disaster that was occurring. I could see beads in a section of his hair too.

“Hey kiddo, aren’t you going to Avery’s house today?” I said, looking at the time. She stopped braiding Ashley’s hair.

“Oh yeah!” She jumped up and ran into her room to get her shoes.

“Thanks.” Ash said. “You’re gonna have to help me get this shit out of my hair.”

“I’ll drop her off and Jake can help you out with that.” I said, grabbing the bag I’d packed for Lily already. She was planning to sleep over at Avery’s and I was planning a little sleepover for me and Jake. “Ready munchkin?”

“Yup!” She bounced out of her room. “Bye Ashy!”

“Bye Lily.” Ash grinned and waved goodbye to her. I dropped her off at Avery’s house and talked to Colleen for a few minutes before heading back home.

“Did you get all that stuff out of Ashley’s hair?” I asked when I walked into Jake’s room.

“Yep. Helped him wash the makeup off too.” He held his arms open for me and I crawled in happily.

“You know…Lily isn’t gonna be home until tomorrow.” I traced a pattern on Jake’s chest with my finger.

“What are you implying, hmm?” He rolled on top of me.

“Oh I think you know.” I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Mm, really?” He leaned down to kiss me. One hand had a tight grip on my left hip, while the other one slid down to rest on the inside of my leg. He let go of me when I started pulling his shirt over his head before he turned the tables on me and set to getting me out of my bra.

Next thing that went were my jeans and underwear. I would have tried to get Jake’s jeans off, but with what his hands were doing to me I could barely think straight, let alone move. Finally Jake took off his jeans, doing a little dance at the same time, and I pulled him to me.

I pushed a sweaty lock of hair off Jake’s face, trying to catch my breath.

“Jesus Christ.” He mumbled, tucking his face into the crook of my neck.

“I can’t feel my legs.” I could hardly see on top of that.

“Oh good, it’s not just me.” He kissed my neck. I wrapped my arms around him, holding on tight. He rolled us under the sheets, arms still around each other.

“I think I’m gonna start sleeping in here.” I said.

“My bed is always open for you.” He grinned.

“Good, cuz I know something else that’s always open for you.” I winked at his confused face. I watched the realization slowly dawn on him.

“Oh you.” He pulled me in closer. I fell asleep curled up next to him, waking up only when Davey crawled onto my chest. He’s gotten really attached to me and sleeps with me every night.

I woke up the next morning alone in the bed. I put on my underwear and Jake’s shirt before heading out to look for him.

I found him scrambling some eggs in the kitchen, Trixy sitting at his feet in case he dropped anything. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pressing my cheek against his back.

“Morning sunshine.” He laughed. “I made you breakfast.”

“Aww, I knew you were a sweetheart.” I heard a soft meowing from behind me and picked up Davey. “God, you’re such a mama’s boy.” The minute I picked him up he started purring like crazy. Jake went back to the food and I put Davey where we keep his food dish.

I poured two cups of coffee and helped Jake set the table.

“Thanks for making me food.” I said before taking a bite of eggs.

“It’s my thing, after great sex I have to make the girl breakfast. I haven’t made many of them.”

“I’m honored then.” I giggled.

“As you should.” He leaned over and kissed my nose.

“Hey, no kissing. I haven’t brushed my teeth yet.”

“I think I could risk dragon breath for you.”

“Yeah, but it’s gross to kiss someone first thing in the morning.” We finished breakfast and headed to our respective rooms to get dressed. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before grabbing my toothbrush and heading to Jake’s bathroom. He was in the middle of shaving, so I sat on the counter and brushed my teeth while he finished up.

“I’m gonna shower. Wanna join me?” He grinned at me.

“Why do you think I’m here?” I laughed, turning on the water before stripping off my clothes and getting in.

The shower took a little longer than normal but I for one was not complaining. I tied my damp hair up in a bun and got dressed so I could go pick up Lily. It was a sunny Sunday morning and I must have seen everyone taking their dog for a walk. I made a note to take Trixy out for a walk later as I pulled up to the house.

“Hey Sky.” Colleen pushed her glasses up her nose.

“You know, Avery could come over to my house sometime if the girls are getting to be too much for you.” I said, leaning against the door.

“Jake wouldn’t mind?” She asked.

“Jake is nuts about Lily and if he had a problem with it, I know how to distract him.” I waggled my eyebrows. She laughed.

“You two are really doing a good job with her.”

“My sister raised her right. We’re just keeping it going.” I smiled sadly. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I answered it. “Hello?”

“Ash and CC are bringing their girlfriends over for you and Sammi to meet.” Jake said.

“Okay. Do you need me to grab anything from the store while I’m out?”

“Nope, I don’t think so. See you in a bit.”

“Bye.” I hung up and stuck my phone back in my pocket. “My friends are bringing their girlfriends for my approval.”

“I’ll go get your munchkin.” Colleen disappeared and came back a few minutes later with Lily and her bag.

“Did you have a good time kiddo?” I said, picking her up.

“Yup! Bye Avery!” Lily waved goodbye to Avery as we walked away.

I just hope these girls aren’t total bimbos or groupies.