The Numbers

Chapter 1

Orla spluttered as her first breath of fresh air hit her face as the glass pod opened its door for the first time in 7 years. She looked down at her hands,which were a bright yellow colour. She jumped,fear filling her body as they both began to change to pale white. Orla trembled as the cold crisp air hit her fully naked body. A shiver shot down her spine,her hands wrapped around her body,trying to keep herself warm.

As she noticed the glass door open to freedom,Orla ripped the two wires from her chest before screaming in pain from a shock and falling to the floor. She whimpered in pain from the shock and looked up to hear footsteps. She pulled her body up,trying to become free. Finally on her feet she held to the sides of the open door for support before screaming for help.

Orla once again looked along the hall and placed one foot on the cold white ceramic floor. As both feet were now finally standing she tried to look around while her body changed to a baby blue colour. As she looked at the pods lined in the hall she noted that there was numbers. Her pod read #032. She did not know her own name at this point but did understand what number 032 ment for her.

Both pods lined beside her were empty,but closed. Lables,like hers were stuck to the pod.

The teenage girl turned to look at the long line of pods ahead of her,finding one open.As the cold air hit her body,she began to warm her hands up before wrapping them once again around her petit body.

"Hello...?" she called out,keeping both eyes on the open cell. There was no answer,just an echo.

As her feet slapped off the tiles,an echo was generated,keeping Orla aware of her surroundings. Again footsteps could be heard and yet again the young girl called for help. As her voice echoed off all four walls the footsteps stopped. She looked down once more at her body as it transformed back to pale white as fear took over her body.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this is a short chapter but I have some stuff going on at the minute.
If there are any spelling or grammar mistakes,please tell me BEFORE reporting me.
Much appreciated!
~Skittles
xxx