Sequel: Happy Times
Status: Finished =) Duet

53 Minutes That Changed My Life

Guilt

****If you did not read the short description, the beginning is from JUSTIN PETER’S POINT OF VIEW

I was pretty sure they had forgotten I was there. Honestly, I was felt so bad for Sierra, here she had her best friend and her so-called boyfriend lying to her. Sierra reminds me so much of my little sister and I can’t stand seeing her being hurt like this. I go up the elevator and try to remember which apartment number it was. I have no clue, so I just start banging on the doors luckily for me the first person to answer was Sierra.

“Um, Justin?” Sierra says leaning out the door.

“Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” I say already stepping inside.“I think you need to know that Jeff and Madeline are lying to you, and you remind me so much of my sister and I feel like someone should tell you what is really going on."

*** Sierra

Justin told me everything he had heard downstairs over the last few days. I couldn’t believe that Madeline would actually do that to her best friend. How horrible is that? I grabbed Justin’s hand and pulled him toward the elevator. I don’t know how we missed seeing Madeline on the way downstairs but luckily we did. I burst through the door and immediately start yelling.

“DID YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF PLAN ALL ALONG?!” I scream at Jeff. “YOU THINK IT’S OK TO ASK ME OUT THEN LIKE GO OUT WITH MY BEST FRIEND?!”

Jeff jumps up from the couch and immediately glares at Justin. “Justin, why?”

“She had a right to know Jeff.” Justin says way calmer than I could manage.

“WHY DID YOU TELL ME IT WAS NOTHING IF IT WASN’T? FINE, JUST GO OUT WITH MADELINE. EVEN THOUGH IT IS SO AGAINST NATURE FOR YOU TO GO OUT WITH MY BEST FRIEND JUST DO IT. SEE WHAT I CARE!” I finish and leave pulling Justin with me. I sink down to my knees in the hall and bury my head in my hands. I feel Justin sit down next to me and rub my head.

“It’s all right kid. Jeff’s just being a-“

“She is my BEST FRIEND! Who does that?” I say, cutting him off. “I’m so not going to their wedding.”

I get up and to go back upstairs. “Thanks Justin.” He waves back. When I get home, I grab a duffle bag from my closet and start throwing random things in.

“Hey, where’re you going?” Madeline asks.

“Bailey’s house.” I say picking up a jacket.

“Why?” Madeline says almost sounding genuine.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?” I scream. “Don’t you feel even the least bit guilty?”

“Sierra-“

“Forget it.” I say and storm out. I hear Madeline following me but don’t turn around.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but obviously important.