Chasers

Ice

After I slammed my door, I leaned against it weakly, slowly sliding down to the floor and hugging my knees. I closed my eyes, desperately trying to contain the anger that flashed before me, tainting my vision red. But why was I angry? Andriy was right...I am pushy at times...

I stood up and walked to the bathroom, turning on the tap until a small amount of water swam around the base. I held out my hand, palm upward, and the water slowly rose, forming a pulsing sphere.

I watch the water a bit dully before freezing it into solid ice. The ice continued to float above my palm until I closed my eyes again. The ice melted, the water trickling through my fingers and back into the sink.

I sighed, looking at my reflection. I looked horrid, quite honestly...what little make up I had was smeared, my hair was out of place, and grease stains from the food covered the bottom of my shirt. I sighed before stripping and getting a quick shower. I dug out a ridiculously long t-shirt before laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I felt bad...terrible...that I'd made Andriy snap...even more so that I almost snapped back at him. I felt the need to apologize, so I found a pair of pants and a jacket before grabbing my key and some money and heading outside. I had no idea where he'd gone, so I headed towards the vending machine. I was craving Dr. Pepper something awful...

I fed the bills into the machine after a small struggle, then pulled the bottle out of the tray. I turned around, slowly removing the cap. After taking a small sip, I scanned the area, searching for Andriy. I sighed, finding no sight of him. Who was I kidding, he was probably in his room. None the less, I slowly walked around the sidewalk.

"A-Andriy?" I called out quietly, eyes searching the dark. I bit my lip...even if he was out here, he probably needed some time alone...I sighed, heading back to my room.