Chasers

Sorry

I stared at the spot where the vampire vanished, foul smelling smoke swirling and dissipating into the night air. Why did he think that we had the medallion? How did he find us...

I sighed, standing slowly and brushing my hands against the knees of my pants. I then turned my attention to Andriy, who was still staring at where the vampire had been. I walked over to him slowly before bringing him into a soft hug. He stood unresponsive for a few moments before hugging me back.

"Sorry," I mumbled into his shoulder before pulling away. I usually never hug people, but for every rule, there's an exception. I sighed again, looking in the general direction of the vanished vampire with tired eyes.

"I don't even know what to do about...that whole situation," I said quietly, shaking my head and looking down. "We might as well try to get at least some sleep, eh?" I asked quietly, looking back at Andriy with a small smile. He looked back at me, responding with a simple 'yeah' and heading back to his room. He threw a wave an a 'g'night' over his shoulder as he disappeared into the lobby.

I shook my head and turned around, heading back to my room. It was so hard to believe that not but a few days ago, I was starting school like a normal teenager...

I reached my room, pulling out my key and opening the door. After closing the door again, I walked over to my bed and curled up in the middle, ignoring the pillows and the blankets. I closed my eyes slowly, listening to the sounds around me through the thin walls of the room. I quickly fell into a deep sleep, pushing away the troubles of the day.