Chasers

Vision

What the hell is wrong with me?
I leaned against the back of the bathroom door, trembling slightly as I gazed at the floor. The room temperature started to drop, the mirror fogging up, ice crystals slowly growing along the edges with faint cracking sounds.

I snapped out of my little trance, glancing at the mirror in surprise. I took in a long breath before I sank to the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest.

I'd had a nightmare...a vision, I think. All I remember was fire...a huge mass of swirling fire engulfing everything in its path. Then I'd seen a grave stone. Something was...off...about it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it...Andriy had woken me up.

I winced. Yeah...nobody wins in a head butt...

I slowly got up, washing my face before returning to the bed. I glanced around, looking for any trace of Andriy, but he was no where to be found. The door was still locked...I guess he's catching on to teleportation quickly.

I threw on a simple shirt and black jeans before grabbing my bag and leaving the room. I went to the lobby quickly, saying a friendly hello to the clerk and returning my key. I guess I got here before Andriy and his mum...

"...Miss?"

I looked back at the clerk, blinking a few times. Had he been talking?

"Will that be all?" he asked kindly, putting the key back behind the counter. I guess Mrs. Truss took care of the bill already.

"Yeah, thanks," I said before finding a chair in the lobby. I fished my iPod out of my bag, closing my eyes and choosing a random song. I had a feeling today was going to be a big day.