Status: Slowly active...

Problematique

Dodici

Belle's POV: 

I watched as Ryan disappeared to go backstage. I dragged my feet back to the table and pulled out my phone. The Summer Set had just began to play so no one was around the merch tables.

I scrolled through my twitter mentions, replying to a few fans. One tweet caught my eye as I scrolled down.

@babykatie23: Revenge is sweet. 

I found this a bit unsettling. Just to reassure myself that wasn't Ryan's old Katie, I clicked on her profile picture.

"Ah shit," I mutterted under my breath as I recognized the blond bimbo in the picture. 

I didn't want to blow things out of proportion, so I just wanted to causally check on Ryan. 

I texted Casey to come looke after the table as I avoided the crowd and entered the backstage area. I had no idea where Ryan was, so I asked Nash. 

"Hey Nash, have you seen Ryan?" 

"Yeah, he went to the green room," he grinned, obviously drunk.

"Thanks," I replied, quickening my pace. 

I made it to the green room but stopped when I heard someone laughing. I turned the knob and quietly opened the door but  I really wish I hadn't.

I saw Katie practically eating Ryan's face off, and he wasn't stopping her. I let out a squeak and shut the door quickly, hoping they didn't see me. I needed air, fast.

I swerved around people and equipment until I made it to the side door. I sunk down on the sidewalk and put my head in my hands. 

"God what is wrong with me?" I asked myself. "This is the second fucking time this has happened!" 

As soon as I said it, it hit me. My boyfriend cheated on me. Twice. I felt tears stinging behind eyelids, and I didn't stop when they came pouring out. Sobs raked my body as I pulled my knees into my chest. 

Part of me was furious; my boyfriend fucking cheated on me! But the other part was just disappointed. I was disappointed in myself for pushing Ryan to get together with someone else. Maybe there was really something wrong with me, so much that Ryan went to someone else. 

I sniffed and wiped away the rest of my tears with the pads of my thumbs. I wasn't going to let my problems ruin the party tonight; I would just avoid Ryan. Easier said than done...

******

"You sure you're okay Belle?" Casey asked as I chugged my third bottle of beer.

"Yeah, just fine," I mumbled, reaching for another bottle. 

I had successfully avoided Ryan after the incident. He would try to talk to me, but I would just ignore him and walk away. Yeah it was a bitch thing to do, but what else was I supposed to do with everyone else around me? Just brush it off and pretend nothing happened? Not likely.

Thankfully, Katie was no where to be found, which saved me a lot of trouble. 

"Belle, you've already drank four beers, you've got to slow down," Casey said in exasperation. 

I ignored her and reached for another beer, but she slapped my hand away. I glared at her and stood up.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I mumbled, holding onto the wall for support.

I wasn't drunk, but I felt the alcohol starting to affect me. I finally made it to the bathroom, but an arm in the doorway stopped me. 

"Belle, stop. Look at me," Ryan said as I looked down and his myself in my hair.

He put a finger under my chin so I would meet his gaze. He frowned when he saw my state. 

"Babe, what's wrong? Were you crying?" He asked, his hand dropping to his side.

I stared at the ground, hoping I would just disappear into the ground, but to my luck that didn't happen.

"I saw you," I said, barely louder than a whisper.

"What?" He replied in confusion.

"I fucking saw you with Katie!" I yelled, surprised at how loud my voice had gotten. 

"You-you saw that?" Ryan asked, stunned.

"Yeah I saw you with her! You didn't do shit when she was eating your face!" I yelled again, my argument fueled by the alcohol.

The room had grown quiet as everyone watched Ryan and I.

"Belle, please listen to me," Ryan pleaded as I shook my head. 

"No, don't fucking talk to me," I said, turning to leave.

Before I left, I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, or me, but my palm made contact with Ryan's face, leaving a bright red mark.

Tears stung my eyes as I saw Ryan press his hand to his face, shock shown in his features.

I pushed past everyone and ran out the door. Of course it was pouring rain, temporarily sobering me up. With what reflexes I had, I called Kylie. 

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath, realizing how late it was.

"Hello?" A sleepy Kylie said on the other line.

"Kylie, can you come get me?" I begged as I heard her drop the phone.

"You're in fucking Arizona, you know that right?" She almost shouted.

"But you're in New Mexico right? You're horrible family vacation?" I asked hopefully. 

"Yeah, but you're still a few hours away... Why do you need me to pick you up anyway? Aren't you driving home with everyone?" She asked.

"Please," I begged, taking shelter from the pouring rain.

"Fine. I'll be there soon," she snapped before hanging up. 

What the hell did I just do?