Status: Slowly active...

Problematique

Tredici

Belle's POV: 

"You know you're going to have to talk to him," Kylie said, reaching for a bag of chips near my feet. 

"I don't want to," I whined as Casey frowned.

"It's been a week! At least talk to the guy, reassure him you're still alive!" She said in exasperation. 

It had been a week since I saw Ryan. Kylie came and picked me up from the party and I stayed with her in New Mexico until the next day. Tonight, Casey, Kylie and I were having a much needed girls night. 

"I just want everything to go back to the way it was," I mumbled.

"You mean Ryan being unhappy enough to cheat on you?" Kylie asked as Casey smacked her arm.

"No, I mean- I just want everything to be fixed. I want Ryan to tell me what's wrong," I frowned.

"Do you think he'll break up with you?" Casey asked quietly as my frown deepened.

"I would if I were him. I've been such a bitch," I said, feeling tears brimming my eyes. 

"That's not true and you know it. Any normal person would scream and throw a hissy fit over what Ryan did. I'm not saying what you did was the best, but if he didn't leave yet, he never will," Casey smiled reassuringly. 

I got up from my spot on the ground and hugged my two friends.

"Thank you guys, for everything," I smiled as they squeezed me tighter. 

"No problem, now go talk to your man," Casey said, grabbing my phone and handing it to me.

With my new found courage, I went ahead and texted Ryan. 

*Can we talk?*

I checked the time on my phone and mentally face palmed. It was 3:30 in the morning, no way would he be up. I was just about to abandon my phone when I heard it vibrate.

*Where?*

That boy never failed to surprise me. I hastily replied for him to meet me at my house. He said he would be here in ten minutes.

"He'll be here in ten minutes!" I yelped as Casey and Kylie jumped.

"Breath Belle, it's not like your meeting the president," Kylie reassured me as I glared at her. 

Before I had anymore time to panic, I heard the thrum of an engine outside. Kylie had to shove me in order for me to move to the door.

"If you need us, we'll be in here," Casey said as she pushed me out the door and slammed it behind me.

I swore under my breath realizing how cold it was outside and how I should've grabbed a jacket. It wasn't supposed to be this cold in August! I heard a door close and saw a tall figure begin to walk over. How did he always manage to look so good? He was wearing dark skinny jeans and a plaid shirt, while I was standing on my porch in an old dance t-shirt and some frumpy jean shorts, my dark brown hair falling in waves around my shoulders. 

Ryan eventually stepped onto my porch as I stared at him. We didn't talk, but just looked into the night, the hum of cicadas in the background. I finally got fed up with all the silence. Shouldn't he yell or something? 

"Your face looks better," I choked out as Ryan looked up, startled from finally hearing me talk, or the fact I brought up his beat up face. 

In the dim light on my porch, I saw a purpleish outline of where my hand made contact with Ryan's face. I held my hand up to Ryan's face and traced the bruised skin. The feel of stubble gave me comfort for some reason. Ryan placed his hand on top of mine and closed his eyes. I can't believe I actually hit Ryan. I let out a shaky breath, trying not to cry, but Ryan heard me and opened his eyes. 

"I'm so sorry," I said, my voice cracking. 

Ryan looked at me intently before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. The simple act made my heart ache. I couldn't help the tears that escaped out of my eyes, but Ryan just held me, rubbing small circles on my back and continuously pressing his lips to my forehead. 

"You always catch me at my best moments," I teased as Ryan wiped away some tears with the pads of his thumbs.  "Look what I did to your shirt," I frowned, motioning to the huge wet spot on his chest. 

"It's fine," he reassured me with a small smile. 

"I've been such an ass lately and I'm sorry," I said quietly. 

"If anyone's the ass here, it's me," Ryan frowned. "What I did with Katie meant absolutely nothing. I'm sorry Belle, I fucked up big time," Ryan said, running his hands through his hair in frustration. 

I knew I should be mad at Ryan, hell he cheated on me with his fucking ex. My brain sent red flags, telling me to end it with him. My heart (as cheesy as it sounds) said otherwise. Fuck this. 

"It's fine," I sighed, tearing my gaze from my hands to Ryan.  

Before I could finish what I was going to say, Ryan grabbed my face and roughly pressed his lips to mine. I was taken aback by the suddenness of the kiss, but Ryan was very spontaneous. Our lips molded together perfectly, the kiss becoming more intense. Ryan pulled back to take a breath, but I crashed my lips onto his. I tugged on his bottom lip with my teeth, earning a groan from Ryan. 

"Belle," Ryan groaned as I smiled into the kiss. 

I linked my fingers in Ryan's belt loops and pulled him to the door, our lips never leaving each other's. I turned the door knob to get in but nothing happened.  I tried again and still nothing. 

"Fuck," I muttered, breaking away from Ryan, who continued to kiss my neck. 

"What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"We're locked out," I huffed, realizing what Casey and Kylie had done. 

Ryan just laughed, which caused me to break out in laughter as well. 

"We could always go back to my place," Ryan said finally, after wiping the tears from his eyes. 

"Will the guys mind?" I asked as Ryan shook his head. 

"Nah, they'll be fine," he said, taking my hand and helping me up off the porch. 

"You sure?" I asked cautiously as Ryan sighed. 

"Babe, I promise it's fine," Ryan smiled, pressing his lips to my temple. "Now let's go, it's fucking freezing out here," Ryan whined as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on princess," I smiled, pulling him to his car. 

I'm glad everything was back to normal...