Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Douze

Image


‘Are you ready?’ Avery bellowed, her arms on her waist, looking like a superhero or something. ‘I am very, very ready!’ she added, jumping like a little child who needed to go potty.

Harry shook his head, while he fixed the utensils that they were going to use. He tilted his head, scanning Avery up and down. ‘You’re still not ready A; you still haven’t got your apron on. I told you that already. Twice.’

Avery looked down and noticed that she didn’t have it. She laughed at herself. ‘I promise not to be a chef in my whole entire life Edward.’ She swore, making Harry give out a soft laugh.

‘Okay, we’re going to do strawberry cupcakes. I remember how you used to love those, you’d munch on them and tell me you ate too much and you want to throw up.’ Harry laughed, but Avery didn’t, making him pause and stare at her. ‘Uhh, don’t you want it? Did you start to hate it or something? Want me to change the---’

Avery waved her hands, ‘It’s okay. I still love it. I just. I thought you wouldn’t remember.’

Harry smiled. He didn’t know what to say, so instead he flashed her with a wide grin that reflected who he really was; happy.

Avery started to do everything Harry told her to. She would pour everything and mix, but that’s it, mostly. Harry didn’t really trust Avery with much; she might cut herself, burn herself or whatnot. So, he decided to do most of the work himself. He didn’t mind it though, since he’s been doing this for almost a year and he loves baking. It’s like a past time.

‘So we just need to wait for 20 to 25 minutes?’ Avery asked, taking off her apron and laying it on the counter. ‘That’s it?’

Harry nodded, as he tweaked the oven to 325 degrees F. He sat down on the counter and took of his apron, putting it on top of Avery’s. He stared at the redhead, who waited impatiently. He laughed.

‘What’s so funny Styles?’ she asked, irritated.

‘Nothing.’

Avery smiled. ‘Oh and I wanted to say thank you.’

Harry stared back at her, ‘For what A?’

She breathed, ‘For everything, for the call, for making us okay again.’ She uttered, ‘You know, I missed hanging out with you. It’s a bit lonely when you’re not around.’

Harry smirked. ‘Of course, no one can compare to my company. Yeah? And besides, I was soothing you with my brilliant singing. I knew you couldn’t handle me serenading you.’ He laughed, barely finishing his sentence.

Avery rolled her eyes, smiling. ‘But seriously, thank you.’ She grumbled, not letting her pride consistently go down. ‘You don’t know how much it meant to me talking to you right now, like old times, you know.’

Harry grinned. You don’t know how much it means to me too. He wanted to say. But he couldn’t. ‘You’re welcome A. I missed you, that’s why.’

Ting.

Harry got up, put on his muffins and smiled. He opened the oven, ‘Perfect.’ As he grabbed the cupcake tray and smelt the aroma of the cupcakes.

Avery stood up beside him too, looking at the cupcakes that were freshly-baked. She peeked over Harry shoulder for being so short. ‘Is this that part where we eat?’

Harry laughed, laying the tray on a cold surface. ‘Not yet,’ he took off the muffins and smiled at Avery, ‘This is the best part, icing making!’

Avery paused for a while, since she was a bit bummed that they were not going to eat yet. But then she beamed and jumped after hearing Harry’s second statement, ‘Yey! Icings!’

Harry shook his head while smiling. This is why he missed his best friend. No matter what you do, she would always have a way of making things special. The littlest of things will be the greatest moments you have with her. And that’s why he missed her. She missed making small things important.

‘Am I supposed to beat the egg with the yolk?’ she said, holding her whisk and her other hand on her waist.

Harry flinched. ‘NO! You’re supposed to separate the egg whites from the egg yolk!’ he screamed, taking the bowl of eggs away from Avery. ‘Let me do it.’ He said softly.
Avery laughed. ‘I’ll just measure the sugar then.’

The two made a good laugh about everything. The moment air was finally incorporated and the icing was finally white and fluffy, Avery immediately took the bowl and mixed the strawberry extract. She mixed until it was as pink as honeysuckle.

Harry slipped a spoon in the bowl and tasted the icing. ‘It’s good to go.’

Avery sparkled. He pursed her lips together and took the bowl, and stuffed most of it in to the icing bag. She squished the bag as she aimed it on top of two of the cupcakes. She smiled as she finished writing.

Harry looked at it. One cupcake said, ‘A’ the other said, ‘H.’ He smiled, secretly blushing in his part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading this chapter!
I appreciate all of your efforts to scroll up and down just to read this thing.
I'm sorry if I didn't reach your expectations. >:)
Still, I love you guys! :)