Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Dix-huit

Image

Zayn came up to the redhead as the four other boys were left in one corner. He was confident and somehow nervous. His hands were shaking. He knew that he needed to distant himself from the girl he was about to talk to. He needed to keep his goals intact.

‘Avery?’ he said, scratching the back of his neck.

‘Hm?’ she answered with a smile. ‘What is it Zayn? Do you need something?’

‘Remember what we talked about last night? The one about making Harry jealous plan? Well, I’m in it.’ Zayn replied, almost like he practiced it.

Avery’s eyes magnified but then smiled. ‘Great, we start right now.’


‘Remember when I told you that we’re going to make Harry jealous?’ he asked the redhead with a shaking voice. He breathed and looked down, aimlessly.

Avery thought hard and she remembered. She nodded, ‘Yeah, but what’s that got to-----‘

‘Well, it doesn’t stop there.’ He cut her off. ‘Something else made me do it. More like, someone else made me do it.’

”Here’s the thing, if you make that redhead girl fall in love with you. I’ll be yours. All yours.” The dark black haired girl spoke to Zayn’s ear in a whisper. In a sly whisper.

Zayn smiled weakly, “But why do I have to do that? I don’t want to get in Harry’s way and get his girl. That’s not my thing, I’m just going to hurt him.” He said, trying to avoid the sweaty conversation. ‘He’s my brother. He’s...’

Rebecca Ferguson has always been the type to persuade. And the things that she wants? Well, she gets it. She stared directly at Zayn’s eyes, to the point that Zayn could barely move a muscle. ‘If you can do that, I know you love me. And if you do it, I know that you really do love me because you’ve gone through all that trouble for me. And well, if you can’t, well we’re over.’

And she walked away, strutting her heels out the bar. Zayn breathed and rubbed his temples, in the verge of breaking down. He couldn’t do it, he couldn’t hurt Harry that way but he doesn’t want to lose Rebecca either. So he made his decision. He did it.’


‘I’m sorry.’ Was all Zayn managed to say right after he finally spoke the truth to Avery. But it was too late, Avery was already on her way back to the party, her eyes wet from tears, which streamed on-going down her cheeks. She was already broken, there’s no use on trying to fix her. “No wait Avery.” He said behind her, but she was already inside. He felt so horrible that he didn’t even have the gut to run after her. And the liquor was finally, hitting him.

-*-


When Avery came in the party once again, she had her eyes covered while she rushed for anyone’s room. Anyone’s room, but Zayn’s. People were still there, talking, minding their own businesses. Not noticing her. Not noticing her tears helplessly fell with no delay. Her heart didn’t plan to be discreet; it kept on pumping and pumping. And it hurt. She needed to disappear. She wanted to disappear. But before she could do so, Harry got a hold of her arm when she was about to go in Lou’s room.

‘Hey there birthday girl.’ He said giddily, not aware she was bothered. ‘Lou and Eleanor’s in there, I regret to inform that you cannot go in. I’m sorry. I know it’s your birthday but----‘

Then she hugged him and gave out a big wail. It was loud but she kept her limit, knowing there were people just around the corner. She didn’t want people to be worried about her. Especially not on her birthday.

‘Avery? Avery? Are you okay?’ Harry said panicky, stroking her back with his hand. ‘Hey are you alright?’ he kept on going. He didn’t know what else to do since he has no idea what just happened. All he could do is be there for her. And not leave her alone.

Avery felt horrible. Her head spun around the words Zayn had just uttered to her. But Harry’s presence, her best friend’s presence just makes things lighter. It constantly reminds her, that someone’s there for her no matter how hard life may be in the future. That no matter how people lie to you, no matter how people use you for their own benefits, there will always be one person, who will always tell you the truth, will always put you first. But no matter how positive she wants to be, she just can’t stop crying and feel enmity and abhorrence.

‘End the party.’ She uttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long.
So does anyone hate Zayn yet? Poor Avery.
COMMENT YOUR HATE. ♥

And there have been complaints about getting notification about new chapters. I already contacted Mibba management and they told me they'll try to fix what's wrong, so no worries!