Status: finn <3

You've Got Me, Right Where You Need

T E N

Monday morning creped around quicker than I expected and before I knew it, me and liana were trekking to work. It was cold but I knew it would be hotter in the afternoon so dressing for work was a struggle. I ended up in a white vest and shorts with a blue cardie. The sun was bright in the sky so I had to steal a pair of liana’s sun glasses. We were ambling down the roads when liana suddenly squealed and ran ahead.

I looked ahead and saw her draped around Freddie. With a sigh, I pulled my grey beanie over my head and ambled towards them. When I got close enough they separated, but he kept his arm firmly around her waist.

“Hey violet” Freddy smiled at me. The morning sun made his eyes glitter and my heart flutter slightly.

“Hey Freddy, you alright?”

“Im good thanks” his arm tightened around liana’s waist and she giggled in that stupid girly way. “Yourself?”

“Im alright” Freddy was just about to respond when someone called his name from behind me. The boy walked to Freddy and they did the whole ‘bro hug` thing and then he and liana shared a small hello. He then turned around and looked me.

“Oh this is violet, liana’s housemate” Freddie said, gesturing towards me, “violet this is my flatmate-“

“Sonnie, Sonnie Howard” he cut him off and grabbed my hand, before kissing the back of it. “It is a pleasure to meet you” he said looking up at me through his eyelashes. Sonnie had big blue eyes and big, light mousey hair. I could feel my face heat up as he stared at me. I realised our fingers were still entwined, and snatched them back quickly. His eyes went wide and a small smile played on his perfect lips.

“Urh I have to get going” I said quickly and waltzed off to work. I could hear liana calling after me, but I just ignored it and carried on walking. I was at work soon enough, and Ella-may was stood behind the desk.

“Ahhh violet, how are you?”

“Better thank you.”

“That’s good, come in to my office and we’ll have a chat” she smiled and I followed her into her office. After a quick 5 minute chat I was back behind my desk, where I belonged, Zahra came in on time and I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

“When you were away I had to be in on time. Get used to it miss” I smiled as she plonked down in her seat, feeling more normal than I had in weeks.

There was a few small shoot’s going on today, so I and liana weren’t very busy. I was flipping through the books, seeing who was in the weeks I was away when a man in a blue polo shirt that read “Farah’s flowers”

“Im looking for a violet?” he smiled. I looked at Zahra, who had her eyebrows raised.

“Im violet” I smiled slightly and he produced a single red rose from behind his back.

“Special delivery” she smiled and handed it over. “Have a good day” he smiled at both of us, turned and left.

“Thank you” I called after him.

I looked at Zahra and she had the world’s biggest smile on her face. “What does it say, whose it from?” she squeaked and clapped her hands.

“I don’t know” I mused. We spent the rest of the day trying to work out who it was but didn’t get anywhere. The next day the same man came at the same time asking for me again, but this time he had two roses instead of one. The day after that he came with three, and then 4, and on Friday he came with a bunch of 5. I asked him who was sending them but he said he didn’t know. I found a vase to put them in, and by Friday we had about 3 vases dotted around our desk.

It was soon Saturday and tom had just burst through the door shaking the rain from his hair. He was signing in when josh ambled in a few minutes later with a girl. I recognised her instantly. Her hair was shorter than it had been in school, but her face was still the same. I could see why josh wanted her; she was beautiful and always had been.

“Hey guys” he smiled at everyone, “you remember Hanna, right vi?”

“Sure do, its nice to see you again” I smiled politely at her.

“Its nice to see you too violet, josh told me you were I’ll, I hope your feeling better” she smiled sweetly. Another reason why josh would like her more than me, she’s lovely and she’s polite and she’s perfect. I could probably carry on but it would only make me feel worse.

“Yeah, im much better now thank you” I could see josh smiling, almost as if he were happy that we were getting along and then he caught sight of all the flowers.

“What’s up with all the roses?” He asked.

“Oh, they’re from violets secret boyfriend/admirer. Secret meaning we have no idea who he is” Zahra answered with a smile. Josh looked confused but Hanna and tom were smiling brightly as I blushed. The door suddenly opened behind them and a boy walked through the door. He had light mousey hair and big blue eyes. In his hand was a bunch of 6 roses.

“Sonnie?” I questioned, and I felt everyone’s eyes on me.

“Surprise” he smiled showing a set of perfectly straight teeth. I looked at Zahra who looked like she was about to go into shock and then at josh whose face didn’t display any emotion at all. I got up from behind my desk and pulled Sonnie into a little room by the side of the office and shut the door. He handed me the flowers and I smiled slightly putting them in another vase. I turned to him and he was just standing watching me. We were in silence, but it wasn’t awkward, it was actually kind of nice.

“You um, you didn’t have to bring me these”

“its alright, I wanted to, they reminded me of you, as did the rest, which I see your putting to good use” and he nodded in the direction of the front desk, smiling.

“How did you afford to send them every day?”

“It’s my sisters florist, plus she owed me” we were standing on opposite sides of the room, but he suddenly stood up and walked to stand right in front of me. “I think you’re absolutely beautiful” I bent my head and could feel my face flush when he put his finger under my chin and moved my head up so I was looking at him. We stayed like that for a few seconds until he dropped his hand and stepped back. “So Freddy’s taking liana out again tonight, so I was thinking. You’ll be alone, I’ll be alone, so I should come and keep you company. See you at 8” he winked and then turned to leave. There was something very captivating about Sonnie. He was really cheeky which I loved and very up front, and it reminded me of josh, but the way he just switched to being really sweet made me actually want to spend time with him. And then it hit me, I actually would be spending time with him, tonight. The thought scared the life out of me and I jumped up and ran out of the room after him. By the time I was out he was halfway to the door.

“Sonnie” I called after him. He stopped and walked back to me, grabbing one of my hips, pulled me into him and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Sorry love, ive gotta go, but ill se you tonight” he winked and me once more before leaving. I turned around to see everyone smiling at me apart from josh who was looking everywhere else but me. I walked back to my desk and Zahra sat staring at me. After I while I turned to her.

“Is there something on my face?” I questioned.

“Who was that?”

“Sonnie apparently” josh said in a monotone voice.

“And why do I not know about him?” she questioned. Her voice sounded slightly angry but when I looked at her there was a smile playing on her lips that told me she was faking. I laughed lightly and shook my head.

“He’s Freddy’s flatmate. I met him Monday morning for like a minute”

“And you didn’t tell me? Hunnie he’s absolutely gorgeous, and he sent you all the roses? Ok you need to marry him, like now” I looked away from her to josh, who was playing on his phone, his mouth set in a line. I just shook my head a grabbed a magazine from the stack only to be met with josh’s face on the front of it.

“Come on then” tom said gathering his things up. “Can you send the others in when they get here?” he asked looking at me and I just nodded. “See you soon” he smiled and walked over to the stairs, josh following behind.

“It was nice seeing you again” Hanna smiled at me and then turned to Zahra, “and it was nice meeting you Zahra”

“You too” we answered and she then turned to follow the boys up the stairs.

“What’s got josh’s knickers in a twist?” Zahra questioned. I shrugged and then she turned back to me fully. “Right now tell me everything about Sonnie” she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

you have no idea how awkward this has been for me to upload. my laptop screen has broken so i can only see the right side of it. the things i go through for you people :P

thank you too:
RebeccaRiot!
Charlieexo
Welldream2morro
SANTI.

for your lovely comments. more would be really love if thats ok with everyone. i know i ask every time i upload, i just want to know what you guys think. :)

im just gonna put it out here, but i absolutely adore sonnies character. i know you guys wont, but im in love with him.

anyway ive talked for too long. hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think ;) xxx