Status: finn <3

You've Got Me, Right Where You Need

S I X

After about an hour of talking with Charlie, Zahra and liana, I sent them home telling them to get some sleep. It had turned out that that had taken turns to stay with me so I was never alone. It felt nice knowing they cared enough to not leave me. Charlie and Zahra had left, and liana was still here making sure I had everything.

“Right im off, you sure you’ll be ok on your own?”

“Ill be fine liana, just go get some sleep”

“Ok, ok, im going” she bent down and gave me a hug. “Oh here I almost forgot” she reached into her bag and threw my phone at me. “Later babe”

“Bye” I called after her before grabbing my phone and turning it on. I had about 6 missed calls and 3 texts. And they were all from josh. My heart raced as I opened the first one. It had been sent yesterday morning.

Hey im back :)
So just text me when your free
Speak soon x


The next one was sent yesterday evening.

I texted you this morning but I haven’t had a reply so im guessing you didn’t get it.
Um yeah so im back just text me when you get this x


The next one had been send lunch time today.

Just spoke to barns; he said Zahra said you’re in the hospital, ive rung you a bunch of times but your phone is switched off.
Ring me when you get this, I wanna make sure your ok x


I took a shaky breath reading the last one over; he wants to make sure I was ok. I quickly called him before I talked myself out of it. It rung and rung to the point where I almost gave up, but then he answered.

“Hello” he sounded sleepy and confused.

“Oh sorry josh I forgot what time it was, I call you later”

“Violet? No no it’s fine, um just give me a sec” I could hear him rustling around a bit, maybe getting out of bed. A few doors shut but soon enough he quietened down. “Sorry about that, so what happened, how did you end up in the hospital?”

“They think I have insomnia, I went for a walk Sunday morning and kinda collapsed form the lack of sleep”

“Shit, you’re ok now though?”

“I think so; I mean ive only been awake for like an hour an a half”

“Oh right. Did they say when you’ll be coming out?”

“No, they wanna keep me in for tests but im not sure how long that will take” I could hear him sigh on the other end of the phone. “Josh you ok?”

He laughed once before answering. “Shouldn’t I be asking you that? What hospital you at?”

“Weybridge, you know the one on Church Street?”

“Indeed, ill be over as soon as I can”

“No jos-“

“Im coming, so be quiet” he cut me off. I was just about to protest again, but the line went dead. I sighed and put my phone on the table next to the bed. I hadn’t really taken much notice of the room I was in, and considering I was gonna we in here for a while, I took in my surroundings.

It was I nice sized room; the walls were that cream colour that every hospital seemed to be. It smelt like alcohol hand wash, and the window that was open blew in a nice draft. The bed was comply enough, and the sheets were thin, but it didn’t matter that much, I didn’t wanna get to hot. The best thing about it was I was by myself and not on a ward where I would have to sit and watch other sick people all day.

The though of josh coming over made me want to check my appearance. I never usually cared what I looked like, but now I was panicking. I looked down at myself, and saw I was wearing one of those hospital gown things with the backs cut out. Thankfully I was wearing underwear. I looked around the room and found a hoody draped at the end of my bed.

I moved carefully, trying not to tangle any of the wires attached to me. I finally go it and slipped it on, hiding the hospital gown. I ran my fingers through my hair, but I couldn’t see what it looked like cause there was no mirror near me. There was a small nock on the door and it opened slightly. I thought it was one of the nurses, so I said they could come in, but it was josh that entered. My heart started racing again and it set the machine off. I could feel my face burning, a josh smiled but then his face changed and he ran to the other side of the bed, before crawling under it. Sammy ran in and checked over the machines.

“What’s happened?” she questioned, fiddling with the wires.

“Um, my phone went off, and it scared me, sorry”

“Its alright, you ok now?” I just nodded and she patted my shoulder before leaving. Once the door shut, josh’s head popped out from under the bed.

“Is she gone?” he whispered.

“yea-“ I began but josh shh`ed me so I just nodded. He crawled out from under the bed and sat in the seat next to me.

“nurse Hitler out there told me visiting times were over, but I snuck past when she wasn’t looking. Im not really supposed to be here, but I had to make sure you were ok.” He ended with a smile, to which I returned. He was dressed in a brown jumper and blue skinny jeans. His hair was slightly curly and messy, like he had jumped straight out of bed to see me. “so are you ok?”

“um I think so, im still slightly confused”

“about?”

“everything”

He giggled slightly and reached into his front pocket. “well hopefully this will make you feel a little better.” He pulled out what looked like a piece of string and grabbed my wrist. I got a lump in my throat like I did whenever he touched me. He fiddled around for a while and then let go smiling. I looked down and saw a new edition to my bracelet collection. It was purple and had a peace sign threaded through it. “Ive noticed you wear loads of bracelets, even at school I remember you used to wear them, and I saw this one and thought of you. You know, cause it’s violet, and that’s your name”

He smiled, clearly pleased with himself for making the connection. The fact that he remembered I used to wear them when we were at school gave me butterflies. I just giggled slightly and nodded. “thank you josh, it’s beautiful, you didn’t have to”

“I wanted to” he smiled. “I was gonna suggest we go for coffee downstairs but I don’t think im gonna make it past her again, plus you appear to be attached to goodness knows what” I looked down at my hands, seeing the needles poking into them, making my stomach go all queasy. I shook my head and looked back at him. “Hey I know this is pretty weird, me showing up here, I mean I don’t, and I just… I don’t know what im trying to say” he ended with a small laugh.

To be honest I did think it was weird him showing up. I mean, it was only last Friday we met each other again, and it wasn’t like we were best buddies at school. By the looks of it josh was just as confused as I was to why he was here. But I appreciated it all the same.

“Its ok, im glad you came” I smiled and he looked down embarrassed.

“So how long has the `insomnia` been happening for?”

“Um, a while, it’s been worst the past few months though. I never knew it was insomnia, I just thought my sleeping pattern was a little bit messed up.” I looked up at josh and he had a sad smile etched onto his face.

“You’ll be alright though?”

“Well no ones really said, but I think so” he just nodded and yawned. “Josh, it’s late, you should go home”

“I know I know, but she’ll see me” he whispered, sounding scared, I laughed lightly and he smiled.

“Well I guess you’re stuck then?” I teased, but he just shrugged.

“Looks that way, unless I can climb out the window” I shook my head but josh jumped up and looked out of it. He shook his head and sat back down, ruffling his already messy hair. “Since were about 5 stories up, I think ill give it a miss”

“So what are you gonna do then?”

Josh didn’t say anything, he simply reclined the chair and shut his eyes. I just stared at him and after a few seconds he opened one eye and saw me. I looked away but he jut giggled at sat up.

“No josh, go to sleep”

“But I might snore and then she’ll find me”

“Ill poke you if you start to snore” he laughed lightly and shook his head.

“I have no doubt you will, but I didn’t come here so you could watch me sleep”

“But you need to sleep, so do it” I protested. He huffed once and laid back down, shutting his eyes, and getting comfortable. I laid back myself slightly and turned my head so I could watch him. I know that sounds creepy, but I didn’t care; I could watch him all day. His breathing became shallow and heavy very quickly and before long he was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit :)

thought id be a cheeky ferret and upload some more a little early.

a massive thank you too the following for comments:
RebeccaRiot!
brittneyhuff
J.J strange &&
Charlieexo


and just a final thank you to whoever's reading. i know i sound like a broken record begging for comments every time i post, i just what to know what people think of this.

so anyway enjoy this and keep your eyes peeled for more updates :) xxx