Status: On-going:)

Take Time to Realize

Stay away from the Parkers

*La Push High School- 3rd person*
A bright red mini cooper with an union jack roof design was parked in the teachers parking lot, signalling to the passing students that there was a new addition to the faculty. Almost all the teens spoke even in passing about the idea of a new teacher. The staff at LPH were born and raised on the reservation or in Forks. They were all old and boring, teaching in strict manners since they were awfully fed up of the same old family names popping up.
In the whispering halls a young woman bustled through trying to find her classroom her transcripts in hand. Everyone couldn't help but stare at the beautiful woman and wonder what the hell she was doing in such a small town school. The boys of the La Push gang's followed her. Their eyes attracted to her form like a moth to flame. Their girlfriends' all seemed busy gossiping to have noticed but their only friend who was a girl snorted. The bell rang and groups of friends dispersed as the teens headed to their respected classes.
At the end of the history hallway in the only geography classroom, the new teacher was setting her possessions on the desk and arranging them while her first class walked in. The classroom buzzed as students reaccounted their summers with old peers and friends. The teacher cleared her throat twice before climbing up on her desk. The students' jaws dropped as they stared at her in awe, giving her their whole and undivided attentions.
The teacher smiled in satisfaction, "Better! Hello, I'm Miss Marksfield! Some of you may have heard of me, I was working in Forks High for the passed two and a half years until they felt like my unique ways of teaching would serve better here! Now we're going to get straight to work here!"
Many students groaned, others complied pulling out a note book.

*La Push High School- 1st person*
I couldn't believe my lack of luck when I arrived at Forks High school for to start my 6th semester of teaching there and being told I'd been transfered. Transfered to a little high school on the closest reservation to Forks. I had packed up my car again, climbed inside, and screamed in frustration at the whole thing. I'd driven to my new school and made my way to my new classroom. It was smaller than my one in Forks but it would just have to do.
My first class grumbled as I jumped down from my desk. Half of them pulled out notebooks while I shook my head and leaned back so my butt rested on my desk. My arms were folded across my chest as I waited for everyone to be silent. A rather young jumpy girl with dirty blonde hair raised her hand. She spoke with a timid voice after I nodded to her, "Excuse me miss but what work are we doing?"
"Drawing what you think is the best representation of La Push!" I told her over the talking. Everybody smiled at that before pulling out pencils and paper. They got on with it and chatted while I started pinning up my posters and maps from Forks.
At lunch I headed to the teachers lounge to be introduced to the staff by the principle. They all murmmured greetings before starting to gossip about students and discussing school subjects. It wasn't until an older lady grumbled about a particular student that I really paid attention, "I had the Parker girl first hour again and she just back chatted me the whole class!"
Another groaned, "Urgh she was the same in my class last year! I sent her to the principle even when she was being quiet because I knew she was up to something!"
A man jumped in, "Just like her brother, only not as stupid!"
The old lady who'd started the discussion snorted, "We all know she's not dumb, she's just a menace! Her brother raised her so his at fault really! Terrible student, I was happy when he stopped coming to school for two months! It gave us all a well-deserved break! She is just a horrible student!"
"Now, Peggy, she's not all bad! She's wonderful in my class, a pleasure to have really!" A kind voice said. "You've been holding prejudices against her since day one because of her brother! You held prejudices against Paul because of the fact his mother and father had him out of wedlock! You didn't give either of them a chance!"
They all grouched tothemselves after that, while I sat beside the lady who had silenced them with a smile, "Who were they talking about?"
She only appeared to be ten years older than I at the most, she seemed friendly as she filled me in on the silliness. That they all hated Jingie Parker from day one. I learnt her name was Doris Edwards and that she taught theatre. I could see there was a chance I could be very good friends with this woman. We parted to our seperate classes and I listened out then, for the name Jingie Parker. I never heard a sound until the last period of the day.
I walked around to see if everyone was doing the assignment 7th hour and I saw a tan girl inconspicuously texting. I took the cell phone from her hands and raised an eyebrow, "Finished?"
The girl smirked, "Yeah, actually!"
She showed me her picture, or rather cartoon. It was genuinely good, she was clearly an artsy person . Her cartoon people were diving from a cliff into the harsh waves of an ocean and it was very detailed. There was two boys and a girl, that looked suspiciously like her, standing atop a the cliff face watching a young man dive. It was sketched with shading with no color.
"Can I ask why someone threw themselves off the cliff?" I questioned curiously. The girl rolled her eyes and with a sigh stated, "I'm not suicidal! Cliff diving is recreational!"
"No, I don't suppose you are..." I smiled at her, amused, "Though you are rather talented... Are you studying art?
She shook her head, "Nope. Theatre is my thing!"
It clicked then as I thought of Doris, "You wouldn't happen to be Jingie Parker, would you?"
The girl smirked, "Why yes I am! I bet the teacher have mentioned me seeing as I have such a well known record at this school!"
The bell rang and I passed the girl her phone back, "Well, Jingie, don't let me catch you with your phone out again!"

*Evangelina's apartment-1st person*
Derek was turning on the dvd player while I was microwaving popcorn. We both sat on the couch and curled up together to watch Just Go With It. The opening credits rolled across the screen as I blurted out, "Der?"
"Yeah Babe?" He responded curiously.
"You live in La Push, right?"
He nodded frowning, "Yeah, I have my whole life! Why?"
I sucked in a shaky breath, "Do you know of the Parkers?"
Derek pulled away slightly and looked deep into my eyes as if searching for something in them that he wasn'tsure he wanted to find. After a moment he shrugged, "Sure. I was in the same grade as Paul Parker! He was a dick though. To everyone, even the teachers. They grew to hate him with a burning passion. He sleeps around alot. Knocked a girl up in our senior year, now he's divorced with a kid..." He glanced at me with his eyes narrowed, "Why did you ask?"
"His sisters in my class..." I told him truthfully.
He frowned as Adam Sandlers ugly face appeared on the screen, "Stay away from the Parkers, for me please? I don't trust Paul in the slightest!"
"I will," I promised pecking his lips and turning to the movie.
Little did I know, I'd soon never be able to keep that promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting any better?
comment?