Every Storm That Comes Also Comes to an End

Prologue

I kept my eyes fixed on the road in front of me. My sight a little blurry from the tears, but I was still able to see enough to drive. Right before I turned the corner I shot a quick glance in my rearview mirror. That was the last time I saw Alex. I wished I hadn’t looked back, knowing that image would be burned into my memory forever.

The honking of the car behind me shook me out of the memory. I looked up to see the light had turned green. I hit the gas and sped away.

Here I was again, back in my car, getting ready for yet another road trip. You’d think that after last year I’ve had have enough of them…. And you’re right.

Believe me, it wasn’t my own choice to go back to that… hellhole of a town. It all started yesterday morning, when that little piece of world I had left came crumbling down too.

After crying for hours I’d finally made the decision to go back to Baltimore.

The silence in the car was driving me insane, so I decided to turn on the radio….. Bad idea.
And now, All Time Low’s new single: Time bomb!!! I cringed when the girl announced the next song. That wasn’t just a song to me, it was my song. The one Alex wrote for me when we were making a trip exactly like this one.

The second Alex voice poured out of the speakers I turned the radio off again. I so wasn’t ready to deal with this.

My phone, which was laying in the seat next to me started beeping. I didn’t notice at first so it went over to voicemail. It wasn’t until about half an hour later that I saw someone left a message. Putting the phone on speaker so I could still drive I played it. An all too familiar voice filled the car, again.

Hey Ave, it’s Alex. I asked Ashley for your number. I-I… I know I’m probably the last person you want to talk to, but when I heard the news I just had to call you to make sure you’re okay.

Avery, please, I know you don’t want to pick up, but I need to know you’re okay. Just call me back or something. Please! You can even send a text or call Jack instead.


It was silent for a few seconds, like he wasn’t sure what to say next.

Well, uhm… I guess I’ll see you in a couple of days then. I really want to see you again Avery, it’s been a year and I miss you. I… I love you.

The message ended and I was furious. The nerves that guy has! Did he really think that me coming back meant he had another shot?

Even though a year had past things hadn’t improved between me and Alex, or me and my family for that matter.

They say that every storm that comes also comes to an end. Well, I wasn’t so sure of that, because the storm Alex and I started a year ago is turning out to be a complete hurricane.

Still seeing red because of his voicemail and dialed a number I hadn’t dialed in a year. Actually, it’s the first time I even had any contact with him since the wedding.

When he picked up I didn’t even gave him a chance to say hello. “I told you I never wanted to see or talk to you again. And that ‘news’ doesn’t change anything between us. Just lose my number Alex.” I said flatly, no emotion in my voice whatsoever, and hung up.

I sighed, like I said, I was so not ready to deal with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
We're back!!! :D

HOLY SHIT! I can't believe we have 140 subscribers already and we haven't even posted something! (Well, now we have, obviously :P). Thank you so much everyone.

So, I'm super excited for this, probably because the prologue was my favorite story I've ever written.

As you can see/read this takes place one year later and Avery is going back to Baltimore. Any idea why she would go back? And what have Alex and Avery been doing in the past year? I'd love to read what you think, so leave your thoughts in the comments (hint, hint :P).

Love, Felicia