Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

27

Merlin fluffed the pillows as Arthur sat, absent-minded at the table.

''She hurts me so much, Merlin.''

Merlin took a double take, surprised by Arthur's words. He wasn't really the type to shout out his feelings.

Merlin wondered if he should just stay silent, or if he should say something.

''And I'm not even sure she knows she does. Or if she does it to hurt me purposely.'' Arthur stared into nowhere in particular. ''I know it's crazy but, I still feel the same either way.''

Merlin pursed his lips, continuing to fluff the pillows. He had to find some way of getting
Evangeline to change her mind, sad Arthur was immensely boring.

''Oh, come on!'' Morgana exclaimed. ''Just admit it! You want him so bad.'' Morgana laughed.

Evangeline, wide-eyed, objected. ''No, Morgana. No. You are crazy!''

''Come now! It's time for an intervention.'' Morgana lead her in a strange direction, her expression giving no answers.

''What are you talking about?'' Evangeline asked, allowing herself to be stirred.

''You will see.'' She mysteriously trailed off.

Morgana tied a piece of fabric over Evangeline eyes, despite her objections.

She lead Evangeline safely, before pushing her gently into a walk-in broom cupboard.

Evangeline could hear it lock from the outside.

Then she felt, much to her surprise, someone untie the fabric from her eyes.

It was too dark to see but a silhouette.

She stepped away, rubbing her eyes.

''Who is in here?'' She asked, outraged and irritated that Morgana would do this to her.

''It's Arthur.''

Evangeline groaned. ''I'm going to kill Morgana.'' Her tone low and threatening.

''It didn't know about this either. Merlin managed to... subdue me.''

Evangeline laughed humorlessly. ''Those rats! This is cruel!''

Arthur sighed. ''I'm not that bad.''

''Well, you're bad enough to kill my brother in cold blood.''

Arthur ran a hand through his hair. ''When are you going to understand that I'm sorry?!''

''Never!'' She crossed her arms over her chest, turning away from him.

She cursed Morgana for taking away her ability to walk away.

Arthur took her shoulders gently, spinning her around.

Evangeline shrugged his hands off her shoulders, glaring at the floor. ''I know you're sorry, but I can't forgive you. At least not now.''

''I understand.'' Arthur frowned at the floor.

''How long do we have to be in here?'' Evangeline asked, attempting to open the doors from the inside. No such luck.

She sighed.

''I don't know.'' Said Arthur.

''Evangeline, I need you to give me a chance.'' Arthur plead, biting his lip.

Evangeline's brows came together. ''What? No. Stop.'' She shook her head, taking a seat on the floor, knowing Morgana she did not reckon they would be out of that cupboard until they were kissing.

Arthur joined her, wearing the frown he was used to frowning.

With shaky fingertips, he touched her hand, causing her to jump slightly in surprise.

She hide her hand at her side, hating every last shiver that climbed happily up her spine.

''Please? Just let me hold your hand.'' He requested, knowing he was getting nothing more, if that at all.

She glanced down at his hand. Her eyes were used to the darkness now and she could see just a bit.

After an inaudible huff, she took his hand, granting his wish for once.

Arthur was surprised by this, pleasantly so.

He held her hand tightly, but not so tight that it hurt.

She could feel how desperate his touch was, how adoring.

Clenching her jaw, she stared down at her lap, wanting her hand back and wanting to be far from here. Far from anywhere with another human being.

He kissed her knuckle, feeling her tense under his lips.

She hated the shiver that nearly shook her frame, and began pulling her hand back, but he held it tighter. ''I'm sorry! I won't do it again.''

He assured, not wanting her touch to leave him.

She grudgingly stopped struggling, sighing an annoyed and defeated sigh.

'When I get a hold of Morgana...' She thought.