Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

28

Evangeline took her hand back swiftly. She couldn't take it much longer.

She wanted out of there. She wanted to be far from the crowned Prince.

Sighing, she glanced up at Arthur, who was staring at his hands.

He felt cold without hers, yet the effects of her touch still rang through him.

''You know what hurts me, Evangeline?'' He asked softy.

She did not say a word, instead she watched the still floor.

''When someone knows how desperately someone else needs them and wants them and they ignore and patronize that person.''

She sighed. ''Arthur, won't you leave me alone?''

Growing irritated of being locked up in this old broom cupboard, her tone wasn't the most pleasant.

''No. I wont.'' He stubbornly stated.

''Yes. Go find someone who wants you.'' She regretted saying those words. She blamed her irritation.

He looked like the wind had been knocked from his lungs for a moment, then with a crestfallen sigh, he glanced down.

''I didn't mean it that way.'' She said, biting her lip.

Arthur, still frowning to the dark floor beneath them, shrugged.

''Arthur, I'm sorry. I just meant find someone who is kind, unlike me.''

He glanced up. ''You are kind. But you don't always choose to be to me.''

''Yes, I just hope you will give up. I thought you would have by now.'' She said, though a part of her wished he wouldn't.

''I couldn't if I wanted to.'' He peeked into her eyes, but they weren't in his direction. She was clearly avoiding his gaze.

''Evangeline.'' He softly spoke, sending shivers up her spine. Shivers she hated strongly.

''What?'' She asked, only slightly harsh.

''What do I have to do to have you?'' He asked, his tone entangled with a hint of pleading.

She spoke, simply wanting him to stop. ''Nothing. You can't have me. I'm sure being the spoiled Prince you are that that could come as a shock to you.''

Rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms over her chest.

Arthur frowned, though still undefeated.

''Evangeline, I'm sorry about everything I've done that hurt you. But it is nothing compared to the hurt you're putting me through.''

''Stop trying to guilt me into being with you! I don't want you. Leave me alone!'' She stood, her chest heaving as she pushed the door.

Muttering a spell, the doors unlocked and she pushed them open, angrily walking away.

''Morgana, you are so deceased.'' She threatened, entering Morgana's chambers.

Morgana was surprised to see her, but not surprised at all by her words. ''You got out.'' She observed, continuing to take out her braid.

Evangeline laughed a humorless, cold laugh. ''Yes. No thanks to you.''

''How did it go?'' Morgana asked, turning to face Evangeline.

''You made me hurt him, Morgana.''
Morgana shook her head. ''No, that would be your stubbornness. Not me.''

Evangeline sighed, taking a seat on the edge of Morgana's bed. ''I can't help it, Morgana. I'm constantly torn between hitting him over the head and tackling him. The naughty tackling.'' She shamefully admitted at last.

Morgana laughed aloud. ''I knew it!'' She basked in the fact that she was correct.

She was proud of Evangeline for admitting in, finally. But it hardly came as a surprise to her.