Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

3

''Lady Evangeline.'' Gaius smiled politely as she nearly walked right past him.

''Oh, Gaius?'' She bit her swollen lip, hating to ask for something.

''Yes, my Lady?'' He stopped, standing in front of her with a questioning expression.

''Do you... have anything for sleep?'' She looked at him briefly, feeling guilty for asking, even though he is the court Physician.

''But of course Princess.'' Gauis lead her back to his chambers, preparing a sleeping draft quickly.

''Thank you so Gaius.'' Evangeline smiled enchantingly, taking the small bottle filled with a purple liquid.

''No problem my Lady, it is my job.'' Gaius smiled politely.

*

''Ah! Sir Leon.'' Evangeline smiled as he approached her.

''Princess.'' He smiled, chivalry very much alive as he kissed her hand politely.

''Leon?!'' Arthur shouted, annoyed. He hated that he kept meeting them like this, and he would never admit it but, he was terribly jealous.

''Is there somewhere I need to be?''

Arthur eyes flooded with irritation. ''YES!''

Sir Leon kissed her hand, apologizing for having to excuse himself.

Before Evangeline could begin walking, Arthur took her arm, knowing she would walk away as quickly as she could.

She winced in pain, jerking her arm away. ''I don't believe you recall my injury.'' She angerily spoke, pasting a strict glance at her bandaged arm.

''I'm so sorry.'' He sincerely apologized. ''I knew you would run away.''

''And why shouldn't I? Besides, that is no reason to be so harsh.''

He frowned lightly, ''I'm sorry, really I am. About everything, your arm, your brother...'' His head fell in regret.

''That doesn't bring him back.'' She swiftly walked away, tears endlessly falling down her fair cheeks.

Arthur sighed heavily, walking to his chambers in a slump.

Evangeline wiped them away vigorously before entering the lady Morgana's chambers.

Morgana was getting ready for bed, while Gwen brushed her hair.

''Evening Princess.'' Gwen smiled politely at her, setting the brush down after a few last strokes.

''Gwen, Morgana.'' She smiled beautifully, stepping behind the elegant, floral painted room divider to change her dress.

When she stepped out Morgana was in bed and Gwen was gathering the previously worn clothes.

She laid down in the bed Gwen had fetched her and sighed.

''Goodnight ladies.'' Gwen waved goodbye after blowing out the candles.

*

A sudden crash woke Evangeline, she abruptly sat up, glancing at a nervous Gwen.

''I'm sorry my lady, I dropped the vase.'' She quickly attempted to pick up the broken pieces.

''It's quite alright, really. Let me help you.'' She got up, grabbing the broom from the closet.

''That's okay Princess, I've got it.'' Gwen waved it off, feeling terrible about waking her up.

''I insist.'' She smiled, rushing over with the broom.

Gwen stood up, smiling gratefully as she threw the glass pieces out.

''My lady, you are too kind.'' Evangeline smiled, sweeping up the broken glass. ''I try.'' She teased.

''What's all the chatter?'' Morgana asked, sleepy eyes and a small smile tugging on her lips.