Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

5

Arthur spotted Evangeline walking solemnly but gracefully down the corridor, he quickly speed up, stopping a few feet in front of her.

She turned to walk away, but he gently twisted her to face him.

Before she could register what was happening he already leaned slowly toward her, his lips softly touched her own before capturing them in a soft, passionate kiss.

He did not plan on kissing her and neither did he understand why he was presently, all he knew was that when he saw those big, forest green eyes that seemed to have somehow captured the very color of bright green leaves within them, he simply lost control of himself.

Quickly she recovered, pushing him away with her hands to his chest.

She couldn't think of a word harsh enough to express her anger. Instead, she simply ran. She ran faster than she ever have in her life and she was far from stopping.

She was so confused, why would he do that?

She must have wandered too far into the wood, for she seen one of Sinred's men walking through the trees.

He spotted her, despite her efforts to hide.

Before he reached her she shouted ''Forbærnen firgenholt.'' A nearby branch came crashing onto the man, saving her some time to get back to Camelot.

When she returned she visited Morgana, for two reasons: 1) Morgana is a good friend and 2) She was avoiding Arthur.

*

The night was nearly upon them when she said her goodbye's to Morgana. She quietly walked to her chambers, thinking Arthur was already in bed.

She turned her back to open her door but was startled when she heard Arthur's voice behind her.

''Evangeline!''

She tried unlocking her door faster. ''I don't want to talk to you.''

''Please, please, please!'' Arthur begged, trying not to touch her, it would only anger her more.

''I'm sorry.''

She turned around. ''You should be. I mean, where do you come off? How could you possibly think that that would be okay? When did I make it clear that that would be fine with me?''

Before he had the chance to speak, she entered her chambers and shut the door rather forcefully.

Arthur sighed, his head falling to his hands. He didn't plan on kissing her, it just happened. He simply couldn't hold himself back and truth be told, he didn't exactly regret it.

He returned to his chambers, sighing repeatedly.

This night, just as every night since the day she moved in next to him, he was kept awake by her chest ripping sobs.

It pained him more than he understood and just when he couldn't take her crying alone any longer, he got up and rushing to her chambers, whether he was welcomed or not.

He quietly came inside, but she simply turned away from him, hugging her knees in a fetal position.

''Evangeline...'' He softly spoke, inching toward her.

''Go away.'' Her voice was muffled as she hide beneath the blanket.

He took a seat near her, pulling her into his lap effortlessly.

She didn't struggle, she was far to drained to have the strength to.

''I hate you so much!'' She managed to say through her sobs. She leaned away from him, but that was all she could do.

''I know.'' Arthur frowned deeply, holding her non the less.

Before her hysterical sobs eased, she ended up leaning onto him, hiding her face in his chest.

He stayed with her, holding her and rocking back and forth as she cried, her small frame shaking.

Finally, sleep took hold of her, but Arthur didn't want to let go.

Atlas he gently laid her down on her unmade bed, pulling the blanket over her slightly and with one last lingering glance, he left.