Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

61

Just when Evangeline couldn't stand to think of him any longer, the sound of a small pebble hitting her window softly, startled her to a stand.

She rose a brow and slowly crossed the room. After opening the long, narrow window doors, she peered down at the dark ground.

A figure, a fair haired figure stood far down and she knew who it was at once.

''What are you doing?'' She called down in a quiet shout, her tune in disbelief and surprise.

''Could you come down?'' Arthur asked, slightly afraid to be too loud.

Evangeline bit her lip, but disappeared from the window.

Arthur began to worry she wasn't coming, and look up wearily at her open window.

At last she appeared around the stone wall, looking cautious and weary herself.

''What's so urgent?'' She asked, stepped up to him with a worried expression.

Arthur sighed, ''Nothing urgent. I'm sorry to have woken you.'' He frowned, ''I just needed to see you again. Every time I leave you, I long to see you more.''

Evangeline smiled lightly toward the ground, happy to the night that she was there to hide her blushing cheeks.

She peeked back up at him, biting her lower lip lightly. It wasn't a good time for him to be here, but she didn't want him to leave.

''I don't know what to say...'' Evangeline said quietly.

Arthur stepped closer, taking her soft, warm hands in his, ''You don't have to say anything.''

Evangeline smiled softly, ''Well, for that, I am glad.'' She laughed lightly, shaking her head.

The Prince absorbed the sweetness of her laughter in silence, hoping and wishing he could hear it once more.

He smiled involuntarily, her smiles rendering him defenseless.

''It kills me that you're so far.'' Arthur sighed. If he had his way, he would wake up with her by his side every morning and fall asleep every night with her in his arms.

''I'm not that far. I can see Camelot from my window.'' Evangeline smiled softly.

Arthur too could not resist a smile at the sight of her own.

''You should probably get back. I'm sure you have to wake early.'' Evangeline nodded lightly in the direction of his castle.

Arthur sighed heavily. He didn't want to leave her so soon. But if he could at last get a parting kiss, he would be satisfied.

''Unfortunately.'' Arthur frowned. He knew he would have to leave, he just wished he didn't have to think about it now.

Evangeline smiled reassuringly, and stepped slowly closer. Her heart beat frightfully fast and loud. It was most certain that he could hear.

As if unsure, she loosely wrapped her arms around his neck in a comforting but still distant embrace.

Arthur held her back, pleasantly surprised by her actions. He knew she could hear his heart vigorously beating inside as she rest her cheek against his chest.

But she moved away soon after and glanced up at him, their lips just inches apart.

Evangeline glanced down, her cheeks flushing a vibrant pink.

Arthur leaned down, planted a sweet, soft kiss upon her bare shoulder.

She shiver beneath his lips, her heart racing in response. ''You can't do that to me.'' She shook her head, it brought an unbearable flame in her stomach.

''I'm sorry.'' Arthur frowned, looking downward.

Evangeline tipped his chin up gently, smiling a soft, kind smile. ''You can't do that to me because it does strange things to me. It makes me want you.'' Her voice spoke in a low, rough whisper. ''Right. Now.''

Arthur blushed deeply, his heart pounding ever so painfully.

Evangeline interrupted his speechlessness with a kiss.

A desirous kiss devouring them both with a blazing fire.

She had to remind herself of where they were and reluctantly parted their lips.

Arthur could feel his own pulse in his fingertips and he could hardly stand after the presence of her touch had left him.

''Goodbye, Arthur.'' She bit her swollen lip, and left him with his frantic heart and lustful body, there on the edge of the forest.

*** Meanwhile, in a village nearby ***

''Here you go, miss.'' A hunchbacked aging man handed a wrapped object to a young, ordinary looking girl.

She took it without hesitation, caressing it with a sinister smile.

''That will be 5 gold pieces.'' His gruff voice reminded.

She threw it to him carelessly, too intent on the object in her hand.

She unwrapped it, not removing her eyes from it. And as if shone a bright red, she chanted, ''Make me she, whom he does desire. Make me she, whom I require.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and long overdue. Hope you like it! But some trouble is coming to Camelot! Muwaha!