Status: I'll Usually Post a New Chapter At Least Once a Week.

"You Can't Stay a Saint in This City"

'Cause Nothing Feels Like Home, You're A Thousand Miles Away

“What are you doing?”

“I’m making a budget.” I tell him as I crunch numbers into my calculator.

Mike laughs “What happened? Did you all of the sudden realize that you’ve spent 250 K on a car you can’t return.”

“It’s not funny. I have to figure out how I’m going to have to live like I have no disposable income and save up enough money for a townhouse in Boston where I don’t even want to be.”

“I don’t blame you, it’s cold, it costs too much for a taxi ride, everyone wants to tell you their opinion on everything and the chicks are ugly.”

“I can’t imagine that the girls in Philadelphia were all supermodels.” Especially when they’re a stone’s throw away from Jersey. “Did you know Vancouver was ranked to have the sixth most beautiful women in the world by MSN Travel?”

“Sixth is nothing to write home about Ambrosia.”

“Well it was highest in North America so I will take it.” Plus I’ll take it as the reason why I was always overlooked in terms of aesthetics, I was surrounded by too many beautiful people.

“There’s also an article about how Vancouver men suck. You know if that interests you” Yeah I read that too. I have ‘Vancouver, B.C.’ on Google Alert.

“Anyway I’ve got a question can the Kings trade you?”

“Why? Do you want me to come to Boston with you to prove how much it sucks there?” I can’t imagine the situation would go over too well with … anyone. “And yeah I can still get traded, my now-defunct no-trade clause was only with Philadelphia.”

“Well I think you’re off to a pretty good start.” It’s true Mike seems to mesh really well with this team and I’m sure Pierre McGuire is all over this.

“Do you have any plans today?”

“I’m going to be filmed while supervising a setup in Beverly Hills and then I have a photoshoot for this new ad campaign I’m doing with Vitamin Water.”

“Sounds fun.”

“I know you hockey players hate the whole dressing up and photo shoot thing, all of you except for Sean Avery, but I love it.”

“What happened to your Stanley Cup ring?”

“I put it in my safe, since I’m now only living on the bare necessities I’m scared I’m going to pawn it when I see a new pair of Louboutins at Barneys.”
______

“Do you have it?!” I yell as I hear Greg walking up the stairs.

“Yes Amber and did you know the kind of look I got from the cashier at CVS?” Greg says as he drops the small plastic bag onto my bed.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyou.” I say wrapping Greg in a huge hug.

“Why didn’t you just go yourself? I’m sure a picture of Amber Li walking out of the drug store with a little plastic bag would sell like hot cakes.”

“Greg! I don’t want people to know besides the only reason I asked you to pick it up is because I nearly fainted at my photo shoot.” The nausea was so bad I threw up midway through and had to get Tyler to drive me home.

“Obviously I’ve never done this before, so…I don’t know… are you nervous?”

“Yes,” I’m not sure I’m ready to—I can’t even say it—become a mother. Now just isn’t the time, especially when its father is across the country.

“At least your kids are going to be gorgeous.”

“I know right?” I can see it now, a child with large brown eyes framed with long lashes and olive skin “Well I guess I’m going to go do my thing now.” I say taking the box out of the bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Got another post this week! So I'm probably not going to post anything next week :( but I'll still be writing :). If you're interested on the article Amber mentions.

Why Vancouver Men Suck

Where Do The World's Most Beautiful Women Live?