Status: I'll Usually Post a New Chapter At Least Once a Week.

"You Can't Stay a Saint in This City"

Didn't Take You Long to Get to My Heart

“So what did you think?” I ask Amber from my hotel room in Newark.

“I think that Ryan Miller deserves to be pissed off at you.” She replies as she pops a chocolate truffle into her mouth. “You know I have a soft spot for goaltenders.”

“Really? I thought you hated Patrick Roy.” I actually remember her telling me this after a scout from the Canadiens interviewed me although I think it has something more to do with the Avalanche than the Canadiens.

“I do, speaking of which Greg brought me this for my birthday.” Amber says reaching for something off camera. “Don’t you love it?” Amber asks holding up a vintage Domenic Hasek Red Wings jersey.

“Well, it’s really something.” I say clearly Greg knows what to get the girl who has everything.

Seeing the jersey actually reminds me what I originally wanted to ask her. “You get a vacation for American Thanksgiving right?”

“Yup” she says folding up her jersey.

“Why don’t you come to Boston? Brittany’s going to her parents’ place.”

Amber scrunches up her mouth “Milan, traveling takes a lot of time and-”

“We’re playing the Red Wings on Black Friday.” I counter.

“I’ll start looking for tickets.” She says giving me a small smile. I knew it would work.
____

“Look at this.” I say as I browse Google Images. Due to my sold out furniture line Saks has decided to give me textile line which is basically just curtains, bedspreads, and other fabric things, I’m supposed to be working on them but I have a tendency to procrastinate.

“What is it Amber?” asks Greg as he pokes his head through my door.

“Look at them, they’re perfect together.” I say showing Greg that picture of Milan and Brittany right after he won the cup.

“Where’d you find those?”

“I followed her on Twitter.” I love twitter it’s where I get to post up the random happenings of my day

“That’s kind of creepy but Amber, it doesn’t matter whether or not they’re perfect together you’re the one who’s with him and she isn’t.”

“It just doesn’t seem very fair.” I bet if I hadn’t come along they’d still be happy and together.

“All’s fair in love and war.” Jeff says from the corner of the room, dammit this means this will probably be on television.

“They’re so happy together.” She’s so content with her life with him in that tiny apartment while I need 6000 square feet to contain my life.

“Amber you shouldn’t feel bad, you’re the one who wanted it more.”

“I’m not so sure.”
_____

“Mike, have you’ve ever broken up with someone because they were better off with someone else?” I ask as I run into my living room.

“No but I have lied and told a girl she was ‘too good for me’” He says sort of indifferently.

Well that’s practically the same thing “Anyway I’m thinking that Milan was better off with his ex who was nice and pretty and wanted to get married and was already living with him and knew how to dress appropriately for stuff and probably knows there’s more to life than money. Plus I bet she’s really fun” I say feeling my self-confidence drop to an all-time low since leaving high school.

“I mean I was expecting you to dump him but I wasn’t expecting it to be because you weren’t good enough.”

“I didn’t say I wasn’t good enough for him—wait you were expecting me to dump him?”

“Well yeah.”

“Why?”

“Amber before I tell you this I think I should mention the number of hot coeds at UPenn.”

“That’s very interesting Mike but what does that have to do with anything?”

“Well Ambrosia, around Thanksgiving is when they break up with their high school boyfriends because they’ve realized that its time to move on. Prime hunting season by the way.”

“I guess I was even more of a cliché than I thought.” I say as I stare at my finger nails trying to figure out which color to paint them next.

“I believe now is where I cast my line.” I knew he was into fishing and all but seriously?

“Your line?”

“For someone who claims to love you he doesn’t seem very supportive.” Mike recites perfectly.

“Smooth,” I say, tossing a pillow in his general direction. “Do you always have to be right?”

“Not always, I just am.”

“You should write a book on this stuff.”

“And give away all my secrets?” Mike asks tossing the pillow back at me “Not fucking likely.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry everyone about the late update. I, like everyone else just got caught up in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, never in a million years did I see a Phoniex-LA Western Conference Final. That's the beauty of it all, isn't it?