The Art Of Discretion

Getting Ready

[Jay's POV]

So, we're sitting on the floor of my room, talking excitedly. The MCR posters seem to shine a little brighter today along with the tears illuminating my eyes. I can't freaking wait!

Mollie and I are moving in together today, and I know what people would think upon reading that, but no - we're not lesbians. Friends since year 6, we both happen to turn sixteen today. And what better way to celebrate the next chapter of our lives, than with a concert?

And not just any concert...

"Gerard..." I moan, stroking the hazel eyes beaming out of the frame. The slight, cocky smirk lights up his beautifully carved face. Secrets concealed within those hazel orbs, never to be given away, just to rest on a casual surface, occasionally belted out through song.

Mollie is muttering something whilst staring into a mirror in the darker corner of my room.
"....Ay....Ank...." She appears to be saying.

With difficulty, I tear my eyes from the painting to stare at her - and drop the frame.

"Bloody hell Mol!" I gasp and in one bound, am next to the mirror. Whether Mollie has been affected by the shadows surrounding her, I am unsure of, but her face is encased in a thick layer of black.

Black eyeliner, black mascara, black... Everything.

And she looks amazing.

"You appear to have gone overboard on the emo look," I smirk, casually throwing the "inventive" phrase created by the teenies a few years below us. When she looks around again, the black in her pupils has been replaced by a fiery red,

"Shut up, Jaydine" she emphasises the name with a sneer, her eyes lighting up momentarily before turning back the mirror. I gasp, feigning hurt and snatch the eyeliner pen from her. I've never actually used eyeliner before, but I am not going to admit that.

"Owwww!" I cry in despair a few minutes later, my eyes swimming with black flakes from the evil pen. "Mollie!"

Mollie turns and smiles warmly. She walks over to me and we stare at each other in the mirror. The contrast is so incredible, my mouth drops open.

My face is plastered in a white cream, the black in my eyes making me appear dead. The black in Mollie's pupils dilates into the whites of her orbs.

"Ready?" I whisper, the tension growing stronger with every second.

"Ready," she replies - before a giggle emits from her mouth.

"What?" I demand crossly, beginning to jig on the spot with excitement, "Come on let's go!"

"You take these things so seriously," She smirks, and opens the front door for me, "Come on, My Chemical Romance, here we come,"

With a final flourish, I've grabbed my military jacket and practically thrown her out the door. Tonight was going to be fantastic. Tonight was going to be lifechanging...

Literally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, new story by Laceration Gravity and That-Pink-Duck,

Hope you enjoy! :hug: