Baby Blue Eyes

Just a crush

Zach’s POV
Logan keeps looking over at me during math and I have to admit, I love it. I look over at her and smile. I can see her blushing. It’s so cute that she tries to hide it. Wait what am I saying? I have a girlfriend! A girlfriend that cheats on me. I turn to Logan and say, “So are you new.” “Yeah I just moved from Massachusetts. It’s my first day.” She replies sweetly. “Well since it’s your first day I was wondering if you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch.” What am I saying? My girlfriend, Kate will be so mad. It’s just when I talk to Logan I can’t think straight. “Sure. I’d love to.” She whispers. I can feel a smile growing on my face. Why do I like her so much? I have a feeling that this crush won’t go away that easily.

Logan’s POV
*Lunch*
I walk into the lunch room and see Zach. He turns and gestures for me to come and sit down. I hesitate for a minute when I see a girl sit down next to him but I keep walking. I sit down across from Zach. Then three boys come and sit down next to me. “Logan this is Cameron, Nathan, and Tom.” “Hi nice to meet you I’m Logan.” “Hi nice to meet you to,” says Cameron. Nathan and Tom mumble something along the lines of “Hey what’s up?” Then, the girl next to Zach chimes in, “So you’re the new girl huh?” Her voice is so high pitched and irritating. “Yeah.” I reply. “Oh, well why are you sitting with us?” She said with extra emphasize on the “us.” “I’m sorry, I’ll go.” I say as I get up to move but Zach puts his hand out to stop me. He turns to Kate and says, “Kate, stop! I asked her to sit with me. Stop being such a bitch all the time.” The whole table gasps. “What did you just call me?” Kate yells as she stands up. Zach stands up also and replies, “A bitch.” Kate screams and stomps out of the cafeteria, closely followed by her friends. I sit there in disbelief. Did Zach just do that for ME? He just stood up for me and broke up with his girlfriend. Wow. No one has ever done that for me before. “Logan!” I hear as I snap back into reality. “Yeah?” “You were spacing out.” “Oh, sorry I tend to do that a lot.” “So does Cam.” “Hey!” Cameron interrupts as he’s eating his sandwich. “God Cam, don’t talk with food in your mouth. “ We all laugh as Cam chews his food and says sorry. “So Zach, are you finally through with Kate?” Asks Nathan. Zach thinks for a moment and then replies, “Yeah I think so. She was never good for me anyway.” “That’s good,” replies Tom, “she cheated on you like three times.” “Thanks Tom I knew that. So,” Zach turns his attention to me, “Cam, Nate, Tom and I have a band. Well, along with this guy Michael but he doesn’t go to our school. Anyway, we were wondering if you wanted to come to band practice today. You know since you’re new to town.” “Sure I’d love to!” “Great!” A smile forms on Zach’s face which makes me smile. The bell rings and we get up. “I’ll meet you by your locker at the end of the day. Wait, which locker is it?” I laugh a bit. “Locker 877 I’ll see you then.” I walk off to my next class with a huge smile on my face. But I can’t help it. Zach is just so cute! I know I told myself not to fall in love with “Cali boys” but this is just a little crush. Right?