Baby Blue Eyes

Awkward

I woke up, still in Zach’s arms. I looked at the clock and it read 7:00. I rolled over so that I was facing Zach. I thought of ways to wake him up but I decided to just kiss him. Within seconds his eyes fluttered open. “Mornin’!” I said with a little too much enthusiasm. “I’d love to wake up to this every morning.” I laughed and Zach removed his arms from around me. I sat up and turned my head towards Zach. “So….. What do you want to do today?” Zach shrugged. “We’re not that far from Poway so we don’t need to leave right away.” I pointed out. “True, and I want to stay here for a while.” Zach smiled and I moved so that I was straddling Zach. I leaned down and kissed him, thinking that it would be a short kiss. Instead, Zach pulled me down on top of him and started passionately kissing me. He rolled over so that he was on top of me. He put his hands on my hips and started pulling up my shirt. And you can take a guess what happened next. Afterwards, I rested my head on Zach’s chest. Zach was playing with my hair. “I feel like such a whore. I’m only a junior.” I said. Zach smiled. “But I love you and you love me so it’s okay.” I smiled and we promised that in an hour we would head back to Poway. “Thanks for the amazing trip! I had so much fun!” I told Zach when he dropped me off at my house. “No problem. I had a good time too.” He said, winking. I laughed and walked up to my front door. I waved at Zach and then disappeared inside my house. I put my things away in my room and hopped into the shower. When I got out I quickly changed into pjs and went downstairs. “So where were you last night?” My mom asked when I sat down on the kitchen counter. “LA! I texted you last night that I was staying overnight ‘cause Zach didn’t want to drive that late at night.” “Oh…. Smart boy.” I laughed and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. “So, only a month left of school. Are you excited?” My mom asked. “Yes of course! What kid wouldn’t be excited for summer?” My mom shrugged and walked off into her office. I took out my phone and saw that I had 2 new text messages. I opened them and saw that they were all from Cameron. The first one said, “Hey I heard about your fight with Zach. I’m sorry :/ You’ll both get over it.” The second one said “Wanna hang out today? I’m extremely bored. Maybe we can go swimming at Zach’s house again.” The second one was from a few minutes ago so I responded “Sure! I’ll change and head over to your house.” I jogged upstairs and threw on my favorite bikini. I put on my sunglasses, shorts, and a tank top and headed over to Cam’s. I knocked on the door and he answered. “Hey Logan! I’m just putting on my suit.” “I can tell.” Cam was standing there with only a bathing suit on. He smiled awkwardly and moved out of the door way so I could get in. “Nice abs. It seems like you’ve been workin’ out.” I poked his abs jokingly. “Uh…yeah” Cam laughed awkwardly again. We walked up to Cam’s room and he threw on a shirt. Cam looked at me again but then quickly looked away. “What’s wrong Cam?” Cam swallowed. “Zach uh..told me what happened in LA.” I lifted an eyebrow. “Elaborate.” “In the hotel.” “Ooooo” I laughed and went over and hugged Cam who was uncomfortable at first but then hugged me back. I let go and put one hand on Cam’s shoulder. “Don’t feel all awkward and stuff. What happened then doesn’t change our friendship.” Cam smiled. “It’s just weird. My two best friends did it.” I laughed and Cam and I started walking over towards Zach’s house. “Let’s just go swim Cam.”