Baby Blue Eyes

The consequences of dating a rockstar

I woke up at 8:30 and ate breakfast with my mom. It was nice to finally be back in Poway with my mom. I know she enjoyed having me home because she was alone all the time. I told her about what happened between Ben and myself last night and she was happy for me. She didn’t like the person that Zach had become either. An hour later I got a call from Ben saying that they lost the NBT contest, but Hollywood Records wants to sign them. And also that they cancelled band practice. I was instantly happy and decided to throw a party later. But first I had to confront Zach. At 11:30 I drove over to Zach’s house because it was too hot for walking. I pulled into his driveway and Vic answered the door. He told me that Zach was in his room. I walked up the stairs and over to his room. The door was open so I knocked on the wall. Zach turned around and he smiled when he saw me. I felt bad that I came here to tell him that I’m dating Ben. “Uhh….come in!” I walked in and Zach patted a spot next to him on his bed. I sat down and awkwardly sat there. I don’t know how I am going to do this. He put his guitar that he had been playing down and turned toward me. “So how’s it going Logan?” He asked. “Umm…pretty good. Zach, I have something to tell you. But I’m not sure how you’ll react.” I told him unsurely. He put his arm around me which made me uneasy. Though secretly, I missed it. “You can tell me anything!” He smiled. “Wait, are you pregnant?” He added. “No! No, that’s not it. It’s just….” I paused. “Logan, you can tell me anything. We dated for almost two years. I can almost read you like a book.” I turned my head and stared at the wall. Zach turned my head back towards his and looked me in the eye. “Well, Ben and I are sorta dating now.” I told him and a frown formed on his face. “Oh” He said. Then he stood up and walked over towards the window. He spoke after a few minutes of silence. “Do you like him?” “Yeah, I do.” “Do you love him?” His voice cracked and he turned to me with a hurt look on his face. I stayed silent. “Did I love Ben?” I thought. I don’t think I love him yet. Like him? Yes. Love him? Not quite. Zach walked over to me and I stood up. He repeated the question. “Do you love him?” I shook my head “no.” Zach stared at me. “Do you love me?” I don’t know why but I bursted into tears. Zach immediately put his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I kept crying and crying and Zach kept comforting me. While I was in Zach’s arms I realized that I liked being there and I missed Zach a lot. I realized that I still did love him and I wanted him back. I stopped crying and looked up and Zach. He wiped away the stray tears and kissed my forehead. “I…..I…love you.” Then Zach moved away my bangs and kissed me. It was a great kiss and it lasted a while too. We both pulled away breathless. “I love you so much Logan.” Zach said once he caught his breath. “I love you too Zach. I missed you and I want to be with you.” I told him and he smiled. “Please take me back! It’s been agony without you. I need you Logan.” I looked down. “I can’t do that to Ben.” I said quietly. “We can just run away together. Just you and me. We don’t have to tell anyone where we’re going.” I looked up at him. “Zach, we can’t run away from our problems! We have to face them and I’ll have to face the consequences.” “What consequences?” Zach asked. “The consequences of loving you!” I half yelled at him. He looked at me, waiting for an explanation because he just didn’t get it. “You don’t get it do you? You don’t get what it’s like to date someone like you. Someone who just got signed to a big record label. Someone who will most likely go on tour. Someone who will become a major rockstar and have a million girls after you. You’re the lead singer of Allstar. You will become famous, I know it. But I don’t know if I can deal being your girlfriend again. Not to mention the consequences I’ll have to face for kissing you. I mean I’m in a relationship with someone, I can’t do this to him. But I can’t be with you either.”