Baby Blue Eyes

Something More

During the next couple of months things started to go back to normal between me and Zach. Then all of a sudden, Zach started to become cocky and started saying stuff about how he was “the best singer ever” and that his songs are “the best piece of work ever seen.” But don’t worry. I immediately slapped him back into reality, literally. Unfortunately Ben decided to leave the band because they had some musical differences. “I’ll miss you Ben! Text me all the time!” I told him when he told me the news. “I will and don’t worry, I’m moving back out to CA.” I smiled and gave him a hug. Since then, Ben formed a band with some old friends. I bought their EP on itunes and I fell in love with it. Tomorrow I’m going to be seeing Ben, Jeremy, Daniel, and Scott. I can’t wait! I think that it was a good move for Ben to leave Allstar Weekend because his sound is way different. Also, the way Ben and his band presents themselves is different, but I like it a lot. Personally, I think Ben’s music is more relatable then Zach’s. But don’t tell Zach.
“Where are you guys?” I texted Ben. He responded with, “About a half hour from your house. We’ll be there soon. Don’t worry. ;)” The Ben Ross Band (they are in the middle of coming up with an actual name) is on their way to my house because they are staying with me for the week. Obviously Zach doesn’t like this idea too much but he’s across the country right now and can’t really do anything about it. 45 minutes pasted when I finally heard a knock on my door. I quickly hopped up from my seat and opened the door. “Hey guys!” Each of them said “hello”’ and brought their things inside. “So, someone can sleep in my brother’s room, someone can sleep in the guest room, someone can sleep in my room, and we have an air mattress.” They did rock-paper-scissors to decide who slept where. Jeremy ended up getting my brother’s room, Daniel got the guest bedroom, Scott got my room and Ben got the air mattress which would be set up in the guest room. I was going to be sleeping in my mom’s room. We decided to have dinner so we made hot dogs and hamburgers. We had a great time and I was super excited to hear them play the next day. Later that night I got a phone call from Zach. “Hey babe.” He said. “Hi Zach. What’s up?” I said, while putting away dishes. “Nothing really. We just finished our show and I was thinking a lot about you so I decided to call.” “Aww. I hope you had a good show!” “We did! But I can’t wait to come home and see you. It’s torture not seeing your face every day.” I smiled to myself. “I miss you too.” I said laughing. We had a nice conversation until he asked what the noise was in the background, which was Jeremy and Scott playing video games. “Oh nothing, it’s just the TV.” I lied and Zach knew it. “It doesn’t sound like a TV. It sounds like a guy. Who else is there with you?” I walked into a different room. “No one. It’s just the TV.” I lied again. Zach stayed silent. “You don’t believe me do you?” “No, I don’t. Tell me the truth Logan. Who else is with you?” He sounded agitated. I sighed. “Uhh Ben, Jeremy, Daniel, and Scott.” “Who?” “Ben and his band.” “Ben who?” He was making this hard. “Ross.” I said quietly. “What?” Zach must not have heard me. “Ross.” I said again. “I can’t hear you.” “ROSS. BEN ROSS!” I yelled. “Did you not hear me when I told you that I didn’t want him staying with you?” Zach asked. I sat down on my bed. “No I heard you. But they needed a place to stay and I had room so I was a nice person and said they could stay at my house.” I heard some noises and then the phone went quiet. “Zach?” I asked. “I don’t want them there.” He told me. I started getting angry. “Well I do. You can’t tell me what to do Zach. First of all we aren’t married so you have no control over my actions and second, you’re on the other side of the country in Florida. You can’t do anything from there. I’m old enough to do things by myself Zach. I’m frickin’ 20 years old! Stop acting like my parent.” “Stop acting like a child! I know that you’re an independent person but will you listen to me for once?” “I have to go Zach.” And then I hung up. I sat in silence for a long time until finally I trudged downstairs and sat down on my couch. “What’s wrong?” Ben asked when he finally looked up from his laptop. “Zach and I just had a disagreement and it didn’t end too well.” I mumbled. “Take my advice, get over it. You and Zach have been through too much to let a silly argument over the phone tear your relationship apart. Do us all a favor, and I say this on behalf of Cam, Nate, and Mikey, apologize because no one wants to deal with an angry lovesick Zach Porter. Trust me.” I smiled and gave Ben a hug. “Thanks Ben. Without you I probably wouldn’t even be with Zach right now. You were there for me when he wasn’t and you give great relationship advice. So do me a favor. Once you get your career started, find a good girlfriend.” He nodded and went back to doing whatever he was doing. I got up and called Zach. It went straight to voicemail. I texted him and said, “Call me. We need to talk. Nothing bad I promise :*” I hope he got the text soon because Ben is right, no one wants to deal with an angry lovesick Zach. A couple hours later I called Cameron. “Hey Logan what’s up?” “Hey Cam! Is Zach around?” “Umm no I haven’t seen him in a while.” “Oh okay, thanks Cam. Bye!” “Bye!” I hung up and started to worry about Zach. What if what I said made him do something bad? I started thinking of “what ifs” when I heard the doorbell ring. Ben and the boys had gone out for ice cream about 5 minutes ago and the ice cream place was at least 10 minutes away. I wonder who could be at the door. I opened it and saw Zach standing there. “Zach? What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in Florida!” He walked into my house, closed the door, and started kissing me. When we pulled apart Zach said, “I’m sorry. I over-reacted. I actually do trust Ben and I would trust him with my life. It’s just that I got jealous because you two did date at one point and I didn’t want you to realize that you like him more than me.” I pulled Zach into a hug. “Yeah I like Ben a lot but as a brother. I love you Zach, as a boyfriend.” Zach let go of me and I did the same. Then Zach asked, “What about something more?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i haven't been updating. school started and i have a ton of stuff to do.