Status: Temporary Hiatus...

And You'll See Your Hero Come Running

Chapter 5

The preseason was looking pretty good for the Hawks. They lost three out of the five games they’ve played so far and they have one tonight against Pittsburgh. David got sent down to Rockford which was disappointing but it will give him another year to improve his skills. It was 3pm and I had just gotten home from work. I didn’t see Jon anywhere so I figured he was still taking his pregame nap. I quietly opened the bedroom door and stepped inside. Sure enough there was Jon sleeping soundly. I walked over to the other side of the bed and laid down, figuring I would try to get a little nap in since I was tired from being on my feet all day. I had just closed my eyes when I felt Jon’s arms wrap around me. I smiled and turned to face him. “Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you,” I whispered. “Its fine I should be getting up anyway,” Jon said groggily, leaning down to give me a kiss.

I got up and walked into the kitchen to make Jon his pregame meal which consisted of pasta and chicken. I was standing at the stove putting the pasta into the pot that had boiling water in it. “Is there anything I can help with?” Jon asked coming out of the bedroom in a pair of basketball shorts, wrapping his arms around, resting his chin on top of my head. I leaned back into his embrace, “No, I just have to wait for the pasta to cook and then we can eat.”

Once Jon and I had finished eating he went to shower and change into his suit. I decided to change out of the clothes I wore to work. I changed into a pair of dark wash skinny jean and a white and light grey stripped ¾ sleeve t-shirt. I touched up my makeup and ran a brush through my hair before pulling it back into a low side pony. I came out of the bathroom to see Jon in a black suit with a purple plaid shirt underneath. “Here let me help you,” I said as I came over to help him with his tie. “Thanks,” he said as I had finished tying the dark purple tie. I slid on my black leather jacket and black studded ankle boots, grabbed my jersey and headed out the door with Jon.

The Hawks ended up losing the game 4-2. I knew Jon would be upset about the loss, even if it was only preseason. I walked down to the player’s lounge with Kelly and Meghan. I sat on one of the black leather couches and waited for Jon. Jon came out of the shower/changing area dressing in his suit, his tie loosely hung around his neck. “Hey,” I said standing up as he walked over to me. “Hi,” he sighed wrapping his arms around me. “It’s just preseason,” I reminded him, giving him a kiss on the check. “Yeah I know,” he whispered.

It was Friday October 7th and the Hawks were in Dallas for their first regular season game. I was on my way to the airport to pick up mine and Jon’s parents because it’s Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and they were coming down to visit. I pulled into a parking spot and got out of my car and headed into the airport. I sat down and waited for the flight from Winnipeg to come in. I saw my parents and Andree and Bryan coming through the gates. “Hey!” I greeted each of them giving them all hugs. “How are you feeling?” my mom asked as we walked towards the car. “I’m good,” I replied. “And the baby?” Andree asked. “The babies doing well,” I smiled resting my hand on the small baby bump. “That’s good to hear,” my mom and Andree smiled.

We got back to the condo and I showed mine and Jon’s parents where they would be sleep, in the two guest rooms. I went to go sit on the couch while they settled in. I quickly texted Jon letting him know our parents got in alright and to wish him good luck tonight. Once our parents were settled in they came and sat down on the couch. We turned on the TV to watch the game. Dallas ended up winning 2-1. “Chelsey you must be tired, why don’t you go to bed,” my mom said. “No that’s alright, I’m gonna stay up till Jon gets home,” I answered, “But you guys must be tired from the flight, so you don’t have to stay up if you don’t want to.” “No we’ll stay up,” Bryan answered. We watched TV and talked for a bit until Jon got home around 2am. “You guys didn’t have to stay up,” Jon said as he came into the living room. He said hello and hugged his mom and dad. He then shook my dad’s hand and gave my mom a hug. “Hey baby,” he smiled wrapping his arms around me, bending down to kiss me. “Hi,” I smiled. “So now that you’re all here I have some news,” I said. “What’s that?” Jon looked at me questionably. “Well I went to the doctor today and she did an ultra sound and found two heart beats,” I said. “Wait what does that mean?” Jon asked. “It means we’re having twins!” I exclaimed. “Oh my God!” Jon exclaimed picking me up and spinning me around. He set me down and gave me a kiss. “Congratulations!” Andree and my mom smiled.

Today is the day of the Hawks home opener. We were all getting ready to head to the United Center. I was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a floral tank top and a cream coloured knit cardigan and my brown flats. I put on a bit of makeup and left my hair down. I walked out of the bedroom and into the living room. Our parents were already sitting on the couch. “Don’t you look nice Chelsey,” Andree smiled at me as I sat down. “Thanks,” I smiled. Jon came out a few minutes later dressed in his dark grey suit with a pale blue shirt and a dark blue tie. “Don’t you look nice Jon,” Andree commented. “Thanks mom,” Jon replied. I got up and walked over to where Jon was standing by the kitchen bar stools. “You also look very sexy right now,” I whispered while slowly running my hand down his chest. “Oh really,” Jon smirked. “Oh yeah,” I breathed leaning up to kiss him. Jon smirked into the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist. We pulled away and then headed out the door and off to the UC.

My parents, Andree, Bryan and I went to go find our seats. In the first period Andrew Brunette scored, with assists from the two Patrick’s. In the second period Bolland scored and a few minutes later Jon got a slashing penalty. I could tell he was not happy about that. Once he got out of the penalty box Seabrook passed the puck up to Jon who was on a breakaway and scored. Dallas scored shortly after making the score going into the third 3-1. In the third there were goals from Sharp, the Stars and Bolland making the final score 5-2 for the Hawks. The three stars of the game were Patrick Sharp, Jon and Dave Bolland.
“Great game Jonathan,” Andree said as Jon came out of the locker room. “Thanks,” Jon smiled. “Nice goal babe,” I said as Jon came over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. “Thanks baby,” Jon replied placing a kiss on my forehead. We then made our way out of the UC and headed home.

We got home and our parents said they were tired so they decided to go to bed. I was in the bedroom about to change into my pyjamas when I felt Jon’s arms wrap around me. I smiled as I leaned back into his embrace. “Hi,” I smiled. “Hi,” Jon said leaning down and placing kisses on my neck and shoulders. “Jonny, what’s gotten into you?” I giggled as I turned around. “Nothing I’m just so happy,” he replied kissing my lips. “About what, the win tonight?” I asked. “That and we’re having twins,” he said a huge smile spreading across his face. “Yeah that is pretty amazing,” I agreed. “Which is exactly why I want to celebrate,” he said kissing me again. “Jon, I don’t want to start something we can’t finish,” I said pulling away. “Okay,” he sighed going to get ready for bed. “I’m sorry I know this must be hard for you,” I said as I climbed into bed. “Yeah, but just think about all the sex we can have once the babies are born,” he smirked raising his eyebrows. “Yeah but then we actually have to take care of those babies,” I reminded him. “Oh right. We’ll just ship them off to the grandparents for a few nights,” he replied. I laughed, “Okay Jon.”

Before we knew it, the weekend was over and it was Monday and our pa
rents were going back home to Winnipeg. Jon and I saw them off at the airport and then headed back to the condo. We just spent the day together watching movies. The Hawks next game isn’t until Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets. Now that is a game that both Jon and I are excited for.