‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Sequel: False Paradise.
Status: Active.

Rhinestone Eyes.

Seven.

June 24, 2011.

Sierra woke up lying down in the bathroom, she could taste vomit in here mouth and figured she hadn’t been here long. She looked up slowly resting sitting up on her elbows; Danny was sitting on the counter and was drinking out of a beer bottle when he noticed that she was awake now. He took another drink and then held the bottle out to her. She shook her head.

“Jus’ three in the mornin’ an’ we ‘ave to be at the venue at six… No big deal I suppose aye manger?”

She rubbed her eyes and stood up to be welcomed back to the floor, she fell face first and Danny didn’t bother to help her up or stop her from falling.

“You an’ Andy took muscle relaxers an’ some other pills. If you’re wondering if Ben is pissed, the answer is yes.” He got down from the counter and stepped over her to the open door. “An’ I am too.”

He took another sip from the dark bottle and walked away from her. She let out a breath and tried to sit up, but didn’t feel like she could so instead she just laid back down. She heard someone talking down the hall and tried to get up again but James was already in the door way and knelt down to help her up.

“Leave ‘er there, she deserves it!”

“Fuck off Danny!”

“Are you okay?”

“I… I fell down.”

He picked her up and walked out of the bathroom with her.
She looked around to just see Danny sitting in front of the TV with Madi and Ben was lying down on the floor and didn’t even bother to look up at her when she said his name.

“No. I don’ want to go.”

“You sure? I was gonna take you to lie down.”

“I bet you were. Bring’ ‘er over ‘ere an’ lay her down.”

Sierra looked over at Ben who was sitting up now. James took her over to him and set her down next to Ben. She didn’t fell like she could move so she just looked up at him. He smiled at her and played with her hair.

“You’re pretty.” She erupted in giggles making him smile again. He looked over at Danny.

“She’s still gone.”

“I see that. We still get your bed tonight yeah?”

“Sure, we can sleep down ‘ere.”

Danny and Madison got up and went upstairs leaving Ben and Sierra in the dark room only illuminated by the TV. Ben looked back down at her and she was smiling.

“Are you mad at me?”

“No…” He lied. “I love you though.”

She smiled again. “I love you too.”

“So… If I can ge’ you in bed we can go to sleep an’ when we wake up you ge’ to see alo’ of your friends tomorrow… Jeremy, Mike…”

“An’ Craig…”

“No… We’re not hanging ou’ with Craig.”

She pouted and tried to sit up but almost fell down, this time she had help. She clung onto Ben and he clung onto her.

“Why no’?”

“Craig is… Sierra, his band’s name is drugs.”

“Nu-uh. Is Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows.”

“Yeah, which they made up off of the word drugs and you know it.”

“So…’Es my friend.”

“No ‘es no’ an’ if you go hang out with ‘im I’ll jus’ kick his ass.”

He picked her up and took her to sit on the other couch while he pulled out the other. She watched him with a smile on her face.

“I don’ wan’ to sleep there…”

“Why?”

“Is probably covered in Danny jizz…”

“I’ll ge’ another blanket… Stay righ’ ‘ere I’ll be righ’ back.”

She sat where he left her and tried to remember what the hell she had done tonight.
When Ben came back he switched the blankets and helped her into bed, removing her shirt, bra and her panties which was all she was in.

“Im naked!”
“That was the idea.”

“But we ‘ave to get up early.”

“We ‘ave to ge’ up in three hours… I don’t think you’ll get much sleep anyway. Besides you need to ge’ addicted to me because after tonight I’m no’ letting you do anything anymore… Promise me.”

“I promise.” She leaned up and kissed him

XXX

Sierra woke up to Danny jumping on the bed she had been asleep in, she wasn’t mad instead she smiled and squinted her eyes due to the head ache that she felt now.

“Come on! Ge’ up is time to go!”

Sierra looked around in the bed and Ben wasn’t in the bed with her anymore. She sat up and got out of the bed walking into the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water.

“This is gon’ be a terrible firs’ day!”

“Well maybe if you ‘ad’nt taken drugs and go’ drunk off yeh ass!”

“Shut up… You do it too.”

“No’ when I promise tha’ I won’t!”

“Danny you liar! You did it several times!”

“Maybe so. But you promised again las’ nigh’… Are you gonna keep it?”

Sierra looked down and opened the water bottle. She took a drink and walked outside to the curb watching a few of the guys loading up bags, Ben was helping.

“Ave you talked to Alan?” Ben asked her from the other side of the car.

“Yes… Las’ night befo’ I got all stupid. E’ said he’d meet us there at six o’clock… In fifteen minutes.” She said looking at her phone and sighing.

“Alright. You’r coo’ with dropin us off?” He asked Andy who was currently sitting in the driving seat. He just nodded his head and Ben walked over to Sierra.

“Did you sleep well?”

“No’ really…”

He offered a faint smile and kissed her forehead, making her smile.

“We don’t play until late righ’?”

“I don’t know tha’s your job, all I do is look pretty and make songs.”

She smiled again and sighed, slightly annoyed.

“My job is everything.”

“Tha’s why you’re so important… I already go’ your things packed up.”

“Thank you… Is so hot out ‘ere…”

He nodded and smiled again.

“Were in Texas…”

Sierra closed her eyes and sighed lightly at the realization that Danny had in fact brought a few pairs of the unsightly cow boy boots.

“I hate it ‘ere.”

“Jus’ three days an’ we’ll be out.”

She smiled and sat down on the curb, Ben sat down with her.

“Do you ‘ave cigarettes?”

“I do.” He grabbed a pack from his pocket and handed her one, she placed it between her lips and he lit it for her.

“Thank you.” She blew smoke out of her mouth and smiled at him.

“Yeh no’ wearin’ a bra yeh know?”

She looked down and noticed that she was wearing a cream colored thin tank top.

“You can see my nipples…”

“Nobody’s complain’n. I’ll be righ’ back.”

He stood up and ran back into the house. Andy got out of the car and walked over to her, she was still facing the house.

“I like your tattoo…”

She turned to face him.

“Which one?”
He walked behind her and touched her shoulder blade.

“This one.”

She shivered from his touch and pulled herself away, standing up and rubbing her arms.

“It was my firs’ tattoo…”

“How old were you?”

“I was fifteen.”

“Why did you get it so young?”

She looked down and remembered the day she got it, the day she changed forever really.

“Well… I kind o’ ‘ad too. It was when I was kicked out an’ went to live with… with Oli.”

He looked at her slightly confused.

“Why did you get kicked out?”

“Because… Danny neva told you?”

“No…”

“Oh… I go’ kicked ou’ because my grandparents found ou’ tha’ I ‘ad been sneaking out… And tha’ Danny went with me sometimes… Most of the time. My grandpa found all of Danny’s pipes, a bong, an’ rolling papers… So I go’ kicked out.”

“Because of Danny smoking weed?”

She looked up at him and saw that Ben was coming back, and Danny was following. Trying to light a cigarette.

“Well… It was my fault… It was my fault he turned out this way. I was going to parties for almost a year until he followed me one day, there was a girl that he liked at the party who was smoking and he wanted to impress her I guess, so he started smoking then he started drinking, and after I got kicked out I never saw him again until it was too late, he was one heroine, coke, acid…everything.”

“What are you talkin’ bout?!”

“You…”

Danny took the cigarette from his mouth and blew smoke in her face.

“Abou’ how sexy I am?”

“Nope… About how you were a hard ass when you were fifteen.”

Danny laughed and put a hand on Andy’s shoulder.

“I died when I was fifteen; I was a dumb ass not a hard ass.”

When he walked away Andy followed him with questions, and they all piled into the car.

“You died before?! How long! What the fuck dude, why did I not know this?”

“Because… Dark past mate. This one right here.” He pointed at Sierra. “Was there when it happened it was pretty fuckin’ ridiculous.” He smiled

“Why did you guys live with your grandparents?”

Danny’s smiled faded and he just looked down.

“Our… dad. E was a piece of shit.”

“Why?”

“Andy just stop, please… Drive.” Sierra said to him almost demanding.

Andy stopped asking questions and drove to where they were supposed to meet Alan.

“Basically… If I ever see ‘im again. He’s not leaving alive.”

“Danny…”

“No! You fuckin’ defend ‘im yeh a fuckin’ idiot?! I watched him beat the shit out of you several times an’ yeh act like it’s okay, ‘e didn’ do anything wrong! Besides push our mum to fucking kill herself!”

Andy was a bit surprised by what he had just heard; Sierra looked out the window pretending that nothing was said.

XXX

When they finally arrived at the place that their tour bus was located they all got out and said their goodbyes and see you later’s to Andy and his band, then they all got on the bus and hugged Alan a bit happy to see him.

When everyone sat down and was comfortable and they were on their way to the first day of what would be a very long tour Danny sat down with Sierra.

“I’m sorry I di’ tha’ in front of alo’ of people tha’ you don’ know.”

“It’s fine… You ge’ angry a lot you know.”

“Only at you when you defend him! It’s stupid an’ makes no sense to me what so ever.”

“I hate him too… Yeh jus’ so violent abou’ it, can’t tha’ jus’ be a part of our past tha’ leave there. In the PAST?”

“I don’t… No I won’t forget abou’ it. Ever. I stood up for you several times… When I was ten years old he scared me too yeh know? An’ jus’ so tha’ you could sleep okay and feel a little safer I would stop him from hurting you an’ let him hurt me.”

“I know.” She sighed. “There is no such thing as a better brother than you. I love you Danny.”

She hugged him as much as she could and he smiled hugging her back and the guys teased them with
aw’s

“But you’re still fat…”

“Fuck you ‘m no’ fat…”

She let go of him and stood up.

“A little, ‘ere in the gut.” She poked him and he slapped her hand away.

“I hate you!”

“I jus’ hugged you an’ told you that I loved you! You can’t hate me after tha’!”

“Watch me… Dirty whore.”

“You don’ mean it! Yeh smiling!”

He covered his mouth.

“No ‘m no’ yeh a dirty whore.”

“Fine. I hate you too.”

He gasped and pouted.

“Yeh a terrible sister!”

He stood up and walked into the bunk area where Madison had decided to take a nap.

“But I still love you... Dirty whore.”

She smiled and laughed sitting back down when Ben joined her she kissed him.

“You’ve ‘ad to put up with that you’re whole life… I’ve barely managed a few years!”

She laughed and kissed him again.

“I love you.”

“I love you too… Dirty whore.”

“Well tha’s no’ fair!”

“No it’s not. Would you like to go to sleep now?”

She nodded and stood up walking toward the bunks, Ben followed her. Danny was sitting on the floor next to his and Madison’s bunk and was talking to her.

Sierra climbed into their top bunk and Ben slapped her bottom and climbed in after her, they were both still in pajamas while Danny and Madison had gotten fully dressed and ready, just to ride in a tour bus for thirty minutes.

“Madison wants you to ‘elp her sell merch today.”

“Why?”

“Is no’ like tours we’ve been on, it last all day, she’s gonna ‘ave a ‘ard time.”

“Yeah, they ‘ave people tha’ ‘elp with these kind of things, all you ‘ave to do is ask.”

“No ma’am!” Madison called from the bottom bunk that was on the side of the room. “It’s personal, an’ I nee’ to talk to you abou’ it”

“Are you pregnant again?!”

“NO!” Danny yelled almost horrified.

“A’right… I’ll ‘elp you geeze.”

“Thank you Sierra! Yeh a swee’ ‘art!”

“She is?” Danny asked.

“Anyway… Back to us yeah?”

“Us… Takin’ a nap correct?”

Ben sighed like he was disappointed.

“Of course a nap I ALREADY FUCKED YOU LAST NIGHT!”

“Was Cameron and James there?!”

“Shut up Danny!”

“I was jus’ askin…”

Sierra sighed and cuddled up into the blanket facing the wall then she sat back up almost hitting her head on the ceiling.

“What did he jus’ say?”

“Don’ worry abou’ it.”

“No wha’ did ‘e jus’ say.”

“Shit.” Danny mumbled when he realized that she didn’t remember telling them.

“She climbed over Ben and out of the bunk and she started into the living area where James was, Ben jumped down quickly to follow her and Danny followed as well. Sierra slapped James hard and he stood up.

“What the ‘ell ‘ave you gone loony?!”

“You told them that we ‘ad sex! We promised eachother-“

“No little missy YOU told them!”

Sierra swallowed the spit that was setting in her mouth and turned around to face Danny and Ben.

“You did.” Ben spoke first. “But you were drunk and ‘m no’ mad at you, it was before we were together.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.” She turned to James again. “Im so sorry James!” She stood on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek. “Really, really. Im sorry!”

“It’s okay… Go back to yeh nap… Mistakes ‘appen don’t they Danny?”

“Yeah… Sorry.”

Sierra walked back into the bunk area and Ben followed her, they got back into the bunk and cuddled up.

“Im sorry Ben…”

“Don’t be sorry.”

“Well it was a few times after we had gone on a few dates, but I stopped as soon as we were a real couple.”

“It’s alright. You didn’t cheat on me. You cheated on him.”

“Yeah… I love you Ben.”

“I love you too, ‘ome on now let’s go to sleep.”

They remained silent and eventually fell asleep