Sequel: The Way You Lie
Status: Hope you love it as much as you loved How To Save A Life :)

Been to Hell

Life Without Her Would Mean Nothing

Zane’s Point Of View

The snow started falling from the bright baby blue sky. Acting as a shield for my fears, and my tears. Everything seemed to freeze around me, all I could hear was my heart pounding in my ears and my mind quietly whispering to me. Emily, Emily, Emily.

I kidnapped Emily when she was sixteen, I held her captive ever since then. Well, that’s a lie- I’ve held her captive until a few months ago, when we finally realized that we loved each other. Ever since then we have been on the run from the one person who could not except our love- my step father. I’ve killed him now, having stabbed him until I though he was done for. He is now dying back in the old shack of a house, at least hopefully. The only thing I am concerned about now, is making sure I get my forever with Emily.

Twenty minutes ago at the most, I ran into the woods to find her. She was supposed to be heading to a safe place, a hotel where I would end up if I had survived the attack, which I did. The one thing that went wrong was the fact that the person out to kill us, my step father, had someone follow her. That ruined everything, I am now staring at Emily who is laying in the snow, bleeding.

The first things that went through my mind were not really all that pleasant. First, I thought of loosing my Emily. The thought of that made me feel like I wanted to be sick, that I couldn’t live without her. The second, was that I was ready to brutally kill the person who hurt my girl.

I didn’t realize what I was doing until I forced myself out of my thoughts, I was running down the hill that I was standing on top of. My boots slipped a little on the wet snow, but I regained my footing fast and pushed myself forward. Finding that I wasn’t running towards Emily, I was running towards the person that was threatening her life. My fists were tightening, ready to punch someone. Which I did, as soon as I got close enough I connected my fist with the first thing I got to.

It was his shoulder, and I was surprised that he fell to the left and into a tree. He hadn’t realized that I was coming. A cry of shock escaped his chest and he turned to me, pulling his hood off from his head. I found that I knew him, he was step father’s best friend. No doubt the person who broke him out of prison. I wasn’t surprised he was the one helping him, or that he was the one sent after Emily.

“Zaney.” He smirked, calling me the name he use to call me when I was little. I cringed from the memory, and shook my head in attempt to loose it. His hand came up to rub his shoulder, like it was sore. “Isn’t your father supposed to be watching you?”

“He is not my father.” I growled. I hated it when people called him that, my father is gone, that man was never my father. “Go away and leave us alone.”

“But he told me to bring that girl of yours to him, now I just want you to get out of my way so I can do my job. You have a chance to run, don’t let this girl stop you.” He demanded, but my eyes just rolled and I allowed my hand to pull back and snap at him. I actually liked him when I was little, I don’t want to hurt him but I have no choice. My knuckles made contact with his nose straight on. At first I heard a sickening crack, then I watched him slump to the ground, unconscious. Thank god.

“I’m never going to leave her behind.” I growled, mainly to myself. That’s when I remembered that she was still hurt, panic over took me once more and I turned to where she was laying in the snow earlier. Only to find that there was no one there, just red snow. Emily was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be a silent reader Tell me what you think of the second one so far, I just had to leave a cliff hanger because my lap top is dying :'(, but I'm so excited I haven't even posted the first chapter yet (well now I have lol) and I've already got two lovely comments and 29 subs! I'm so happy I could cry, thank you so much!
Song of the chapter Airplanes by The Ready Set