Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 14

Well you may be wondering why Sean's eyes were filled with pain. Remember that party he invited me to, well I went because Trevor said he was going, but he got sick that night but I decided to stay.

***

"Well Trevor just texted me and said he can't make it, he's sick." Sean said as he walked up to me with our drinks. "Sucks," I said. I lifted the cup to my nose and sniffed; doesn't smell toxic. Sean laughed. "It's still early, the punch hasn't been spiked yet." I laughed and took a sip of my drink.

I looked around the room. There were maybe twenty people here. A slow start but so far this is the best party I've been to, possibly because I've never been to a high school party before. "So are you enjoying yourself?" Sean asked me. "Yeah. Your sisters haven't shown up to torture me yet so I'm having a great time." He chuckled. "They show up fashionably late. So another hour of torture free time with me." He put his arm around my shoulders. I looked at him and smiled.

It's not that I didn't like him, it's just that Trevor sometimes blinded me to that fact. Sean was a pretty nice guy, but for it to ever work with us- just like me and Trevor- would be one in a million-infinity.

"Oh you know what I just remembered. Trevor told me you played the guitar and I've been dying to hear you sing. So I borrowed my dad's guitar just for tonight." He walked away and came back with a black acoustic guitar in his hands.

"Oh I can't." I gently pushed the guitar as he tried to hand it to me. "C'mon seriously Jaime, how do you expect to get anywhere if you don't start out somewhere." I sighed and grabbed the guitar. I put the strap behind my head and began strumming. "Uh-uh I don't think so, I have a stool and mic set up for you. Just follow me." He grabbed my hand and led me to were most of the people were at. "There ya go." I sat on the stool and awkwardly poked the mic, it was on.

"Uh hey, I'm Jaime and this is a cover of Bob Dylan's' It Ain't Me Babe."

I started strumming the guitar and then tightened some of the strings. I closed my eyes and pretended I was back in the practice room by myself.

"Go ’way from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I’m not the one you want, babe
I’m not the one you need
You say you’re lookin’ for someone
Never weak but always strong
To protect you an’ defend you
Whether you are right or wrong
Someone to open each and every door
But it ain’t me, babe
No, no, no, it ain’t me, babe
It ain’t me you’re lookin’ for, babe

Go lightly from the ledge, babe
Go lightly on the ground
I’m not the one you want, babe
I will only let you down
You say you’re lookin’ for someone
Who will promise never to part
Someone to close his eyes for you
Someone to close his heart
Someone who will die for you an’ more
But it ain’t me, babe
No, no, no, it ain’t me, babe
It ain’t me you’re lookin’ for, babe

Go melt back into the night, babe
Everything inside is made of stone
There’s nothing in here moving
An’ anyway I’m not alone
You say you’re lookin' for someone
Who’ll pick you up each time you fall
To gather flowers constantly
An’ to come each time you call
A lover for your life an’ nothing more
But it ain’t me, babe
No, no, no, it ain’t me, babe"

I heard applause, I opened my eyes and saw the group of teens were bigger. I seen Kayla at the bottom of the steps clapping. "I'll give you that one Jaime." She turned and went back up the stairs.

Sean walked up to me and hugged me. "That was amazing Jaime." I blushed. "You're very pretty when you blush."

The night passed and the party truly began. The DJ showed up and so did the liquor. A slow song came on, well more of a slow grinding song but I didn't grind. Sean asked me to dance and I did. My arms went around his neck and his arms went around my waist. "You know Jaime I had a great night with you. This was possibly one of my best nights ever." He whispered in my ear. Chills went down my spine. He leaned in for the kiss. "Sean!" I pulled back and saw one of his ex girlfriend's drunkenly walking over to us. I slipped out of his reach and disappeared.

I found my coat and walked out the door. I hurried home. Would I have kissed him back? Possibly. Ugh, since when were guys interested in kissing me? It was so much easier when the ignored me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very long chapter...possibly because of the song lyrics..which belong to the great Bob Dylan. Hope you enjoy this chapter and I would like soem comments.. yes?