Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 3

As I headed out of class I clung to my books. People usually knocked them out of my hands. And I wasn't in the mood to pick books up today.

As I was getting closer to my class I heard laughter coming from the boys bathroom. Me being my nosy self I tried to peer around the corner and see what was so funny this early in the morning.

What I saw shocked me. I never thought I would see something like this at my school, ever. He had light brown hair and stood maybe six foot tall. His skin was a tan olive. Like one of those Hollister models. He stood in the corner with about three different guys around him. I stood hidden behind the corner and tried to listen.

"So on your chicken, you like white meat or dark meat? 'Cause here we gots lot of that dark meat." One of the kids said. "You know, relationships aren't my thing." The new kid said. The guys laughed, "So you hop from biddy to biddy. We can deal with that. You know white boy you ain't that bad. Come hang with us at lunch and we'll show you which girls pants are a little loose," The guy paused. "If you know what I mean."

The three guys left the bathroom but the new kid stayed behind. I took a breath and thanked God that the three didn't notice me. Well that happens at times when you're about five foot three.

I began walking again but wasn't paying attention when my books fell out of my hands. Great. I sighed and bent down to pick up my books. "I'm sorry, here let me help you." Two tanned hands reached out and grabbed my books. I got up and looked at the person who helped me. I took back my books that were still in his hands.

"Thanks." I mumbled. It was the new kid who helped me. "I'm Trevor, I'm new. Well I guess you knew that since I'm the only white kid here. What are you, you don't look fully black or even black at all." He rambled. "I'm black and white. And my name's Jaime." I said quietly.

"Well here let me help you, you're carrying a lot of books." "No that's fine." I began walking faster hoping he would get the idea that I wanted to be left alone. But he didn't, he kept up with my pace easily. Plus his legs were twice as long as mine.

"So what class are you heading to?" He asked. "Computers." I replied. "With Limboky?" I nodded my head. "Same, guess I'm following you." He laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. It didn't even mess up.

We finally got to the class and I took my seat at my usual computer all the way in the back, while Trevor went up to the teacher. He himself was shocked to see a white student but composed himself. He sent Trevor to sit down and he choose the empty seat next to me.

For once a guy wanted to sit next to me and oddly I just wanted to be left alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So no comments and not too many views.. I'm fine with that because I really enjoy writing this! Yay for me!