Status: Just Begun..Hope you enjoy :)

The Hope is Fading

Chapter 4

During the whole class I stayed quiet and listened to Mr. Limboky but Trevor kept comparing our schedules. Supposedly we have about most of our classes together. Except he has study hall and I have band.

When the bell rung I tried to move slow so Trevor wouldn't wait for me. But he did. "So off to English." He said. He smiled and I gave a small one back.

We walked side by side toward sour English class. But me being me I could smell cheap perfume a mile away. Kayla and her friends were heading my way. I slowed down and hoped Trevor wouldn't notice. But he did and turned and looked at me. "What's wrong?" He asked. Too late, Kayla was already nearing us.

She tapped Trevor's back. "Hey, I'm Kayla." She gave a fake smile and extended her hand towards Trevor. "Hi, I'm Trevor." He shook her hand and turned back towards me. Kayla saw me behind him and pushed her way closer to me. "Really Jaime, you're trying to dork-ify him already?" "Jaime's cool." Trevor said in my defense. "Ha, who told you that lie. Listen Trevor," Kayla placed her hand on his shoulder. "If you want some status here hang with me."

Trevor shook away from her touch. "Thanks for the offer but I'm fine." Trevor grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me away from Kayla and her friends.

"You scared of her or something?" He asked me once we were hearing distance from them. "No," He gave me a questioning look. "Somewhat. Kayla's much taller than me and probably is a way better fighter than me too." "So what, not everything has to lead to violence."

With Kayla it had too. One time I stepped on the back of her shoe in the fifth grade by accident and she turned around and punched me in my head. That was it. She turned back around like nothing happened. I never stood up to her, I kept my mouth shut and rubbed my head.

Trevor pulled me out of my thoughts when he asked me how hard was the English class. "Not too hard, pretty easy if you pay attention." He rolled his eyes at my response and held the door open for me as we entered the classroom.

You know, maybe Trevor wasn't too bad. I just hope Kayla doesn't think I'm with him because then she'll get upset that I may have ruined her chances with the new guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter in the same day..how awesome am I? I think A lot!