Sequel: Sweet Nothings
Status: Completed with Readers: 448; Subscribers: 156; Comments: 192; Stars: 10

French Vanilla

Lay With Me

I can't believe any of this has happened. Just yesterday morning I was a model, in England, laying next to the most amazing guy I have ever met in my life. Here I am, literally one day later, working at fucking Dunkin' Donuts again. I called my boss last night and he put me back on the schedule. I think the most torturous thing about this is that I didn't get an explanation or even a goodbye. I missed him. A lot. The pain in my chest has yet to cease, and if anything, it got worse.

I thought being at work would help, but since it's Sunday and slow as hell, nothing is keeping my mind off of him. It was almost three o'clock, but I felt like I've been here for days. The jet lag certainly wasn't helping. "Good morning. Welcome to Dunkin' Donuts. Can I help you?"

"Can I get a large French Vanilla hot chocolate?" I nodded and went to make the drink. What I didn't consider about my decision to go back to work again was that I'd be surrounded by coffee. I handed the guy the drink and charged him. I looked down at the screen and hovered my hand over one of the buttons.

"Good morning, welcome to Dunkin' Donuts. Can I help you?"

"Can I get a large French Vanilla light and sweet?" The woman asked.

I nodded and made her coffee. Everyone was ordering French Vanilla this morning, only making me want to rip my hair out even more that I couldn't have any. I handed the lady her drink and charged her.

"Good morning. Welcome to Dunkin' Donuts. Can I help you?"

"Can I get a large French Vanilla cappuccino very very very sweet wiff like a hundred sugahs?"

My head shot up and landed upon his blue eyes - the eyes that I've been trying to stay away from.The eyes I've been dying to see. "You can't have coffee," I finally whispered.

"I know but I figured if I didn't order a coffee, then the reason I was coming here would be too obvious." He shrugged with a small smile pulling at his lips. His eyes didn't match the sarcasm though. They looked like a black hole - drained and empty.

"Why did you come here?" I asked. My emotions were too drained to even function right now and I felt as if a truck had run me over seventeen times.

"I came here for yeh. I don't just go and grab a plane to California just to get coffeh yeh know. I came for my bird."

"Your bird is back in England."

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Listen, whatevah yeh saw-"

"I saw her kiss you, Tom!"

"I'm not wiff her," he whispered, looking down.

"Yea? Well I'm not with you either." I looked up at the clock and noticed it was a little after three. I clocked myself out and walked into the back, exiting the back door. I went to my truck and unlocked it, stepping inside.

"No, yeh right. We're not together. But we can change that."

I looked up and saw Tom walking towards my car. "Did you just ask me out?" I asked, utterly in disbelief.

He shrugged his shoulders, "maybe."

"No!"

"What? Why not?"

"Are you really asking that? Some lady was sucking your lips not even a day ago and now you want me? I'm no second choice, third choice, backup plan or anything of that sort."

"Yeh not any of that," he muttered.

Looking at Tom, he looked even worse than I did if that was possible. He looked like he hasn't slept in twenty years. "Get in," I finally replied, stepping into my truck.

"What?" Tom looked up astonished.

"Well you have two choices: get in or call a cab." I shut the door and brought the engine roaring to life. Tom climbed in the passenger seat and stared out the window.

After ten minutes of silent driving, we arrived at the beach. We both got out of the car and took off our shoes without saying anything. Together, we walked onto the sand and towards the water. I stopped and stared out into the distance when we reached the shore line.

"Why the beach?" Tom finally asked.

I let out a sigh, my eyes squinting into the horizon. "Because last time we were here, we were so happy. Last time we were here, I never want to leave you."

"Skylah," he whispered. I turned to him, tears already threatening my eyes. Tom took a step closer and placed his hands on my forearms. "Remember last time we were here, yeh asked me to be 'onest wiff yeh? Well, I'm going to be. Is that alright wiff yeh?"

I nodded my head, my lips naturally pouting.

"I remember last time yeh were here wiff meh, yeh said somefin about not having anyone to deal wiff yeh. Well, I do. I was there for yeh when yeh arrived in Sheffield, took you in, let yeh sleep in my bed, wear my clothes, become a model for my brothah, surprised yeh for yeh birfday, when we were in the hospital, and ever since then. We've been together every minute of every day and I still ain't sick of yeh. That's not me dealing wiff yeh, that's me enjoying yeh wiff me."

"Tom-"

"No," he smiled lightly. "Let me finish. I 'ave teh get this out."

I nodded and he continued on.

"Yeh complete me Skylah. I mean that in every single way. Wiffout yeh, I'm a cloud with no rain, a face with no eyes, the autumn without leaves, a singer with no voice... I need yeh."

"Tommy-"

"Will yeh let me finish!" He yelled, laughing. "Yeh got the attention span of a four year old and I love that about yeh, but if I don't get this out, I might explode."

I laughed and nodded my head again, ushering him on.

"That girl yeh saw me wiff, her name was Maria. She's an ex of mine. She always used me fo' my money. Nevah appreciated me. The bitch cheated on me and I left her. I'm over her, completely. After she kissed me, I made her leave. I told her I was in love wiff someone else. And I am. I'm in love wiff yeh, Skylar. I really am."

"You're... in love with me?" I whispered in disbelief. My eyes started tearing up more than before.

He nodded his head. The classic 'Tom Sykes' smile was plastered on his face. "I am Skylah. I really am in love wiff yeh." His hand lifted to my face and wiped away rouge tear running down my face. "Skylah, will yeh be my girlfrien'?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp! Cliffhanger, kind of. Thank you to lexin3d, give 'em hell peyton (lmfao your comment made me smile :D), babygurl94512 (x2. *ultra hug*), AbbyHomicide, Colorful_dinos, and HeyThereDarling for commenting! I love seeing the funny comments you guys leave xD <3

I have some fun things in store for you guys *wink wink*