Status: wolf's rain fan fic;

Thunder Wolf

Being Reckless

This new wolf, this beautiful man that something deep inside me wanted me to get to know better, was also the one who would trigger an avalanche of problems. He smiled at me, practically leaving that gorgeous grin printed on my brain for at least the rest of the night. “So, let’s all get to know each other,” Kane grinned. I smiled shyly, looked back at Jei and Shradda’s general direction and felt their eyes piercing me, and looked back and continued my sheepish smile.

Jasper stepped foreword, and for a split second I saw his wolf form which I assumed was a darkish color since it was hard to make out what color he was exactly under the darkness. “I’m Jasper,” he said formally in his human form. He didn’t exactly seem the most interested in learning about the other pack in the neighborhood. The female raised her hand, “Okami here,” she muttered. Kane was the only one really interested in knowing me, and I assumed it was the pack leader’s idea to tag along to meet us.

“Oh, well as you know I’m Raksha, Sakiyo is the pack leader and my older brother, Shradda and Jei are the ones stalking us right now,” I said without any humor present. Somehow I felt their glares intensify on me. “Oh, alright, that’s funny because I thought you were pack leader for a while there?” I felt an alarm panic in my head, “No, no its Sakiyo! Sakiyo is the leader, I’m just part of the pack,” I shrugged it off.

He nodded… and took my hand. “Okay enough dialog, let’s do something.” His sudden attitude, like we’ve known each other long enough for him to just grab my hand like that, caught me off guard for sure. He pulled me foreword and started going for the beach. Large snarls ripped from behind me and I knew that THAT act must have drove Shradda and Jei nuts. I looked behind me and one look at Jei; I knew he was ready to rip the new pack apart.

“Problem, Jei?” I asked trying to somehow plant some sarcasm in to lighten the load. Jei grabbed me hand and ripped me away from Kane as he looked kind of wide-eyed. “You have no right to touch her like that, maybe you should go back to where you came from because you clearly aren’t welcome here and I don’t appreciate you forcing Raksha to go anyway else but within my eye sight.” He was trying so hard to be legitimately professional, but you could tell he was holding back a punch or a bite to the neck on them.

Kane kind of grinned again, “Who did that? I wasn’t forcing, I’m just trying to break the ice. I assure you, Jei is it? We mean no harm to your pack and realize we are new comers, we’re sorry if our presents scares you, but we are just trying to introduce ourselves because we plan to actually make our presence here a lasting one.” God, Kane was saying all the wrong things to Jei. I felt Jei’s grip on my hand nearly crush mine as he turned and started towing me to the opposite direction that Kane’s pack had come from.

“Jei let go!” I growled as my hand started to seriously get bruised under there. He turned to me and pushed me… I stumbled back, didn’t fall, but was shocked either way. “First you challenge our pack leader, then you try to associate with a pack you don’t know, then you try to pick a fight with me? What’s wrong with you Raksha!” He growled at me. “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you Jei! I’m just trying to welcome the new pack and they don’t mean any harm to us so why are you blowing them off like this?”

I was kind of happy he pushed me then instead of saying that with my hand still in his, because his hand was now so tightened into a fist that it was turning red. I felt my new rebellious attitude kind of diminish, but still didn’t let Jei see it. “You’re acting like your own pack is the opposing one here…” he mumbled harshly. I heard the movement of Kane come foreword and closed my eyes tightly, oh why, WHY did Kane half to invite himself in the situation?

“Sorry, but that is no way to treat the lady, if Raksha didn’t want to go with me then she would have shown it. I’m sure she has the power to say no and then I wouldn’t have tried to take her. But really in my point of view, you’re the one being ignorant with us.” That blew it. Jei ripped into his wolf form and hurled himself at Kane, twisting his neck so his teeth could fit nice and snug into Kane’s. Kane wasn’t slow either though; he jumped back as a wolf, tucking his tail between his legs with his head bent to show he had no interest in fighting.

Jei was completely blind to it as he growled and tried to take another bite at Kane. Kane might have been a wolf, but he had cat like agility, dodging every one of Jei’s attacks to shed blood. I couldn’t take it, it was obvious that Kane could take Jei with ease, and as much as I hated to admit it, if Kane was the one in fighting mood then Jei would have been down for the count. But I couldn’t just watch this fight, and clearly no one else was going to do anything as Shradda, Jasper and Okami just stood watching as well like they had been this whole time.

I jumped, transforming into my wolf form in mid air and threw myself into the fighting ring. “Jei stop! Stop it right now!” I chirped weakly from the side lines, I might as well been yelling at a bear to stop ripping up another bear by yelling like that. In a panic, I threw myself in and bit into something, I didn’t know if it was Kane or Jei, but I bit into a mouth filled with fur in the intentions of just trying to break up the fight. The fight stopped for a second, long enough for me to realize I fit into Jei. By this time he wasn’t even Jei anymore. He turned and bit into my arm, and this was a real bite, not like the light one I did to stop him from fighting.

Pain ran up my arm and sort of numbed out a bit halfway around my chest as blood dripped down my arm. It started as a full-fledged bite, but he loosened his grip and released me kind of shocked. I dipped my ears down and tail down to show submission, limping backwards. Jei jumped back into human mode.

“Raksha….” He mumbled, startled he bit me. “I’m fine, it’s okay I’ll live,” I uttered in pain, trying to make it as assuring as possible. He turned his attitude on me quickly, “How dare you bite me! You defend their pack but bite me! Are you trying to get yourself out of this pack Raksha!?” His voice was so hurt that I felt a sting in my chest. “I wasn’t biting you—I mean, I meant to bite Kane but you where moving so quickly that I didn’t know I bit you!” I made up on the spot, with Kane’s smile kind of souring afterwards.

I sensed Jei’s pain sort of lighten up, and a touch of guilt, meaning I knew he believed my lie. He turned and looked at Shradda who just stood there, kind of watching like this was a movie to her, and then getting a flicker of panic when the main character of the movie looked at her for help. She stepped foreword, completely obvious that she was only doing so to not back down from Jei.

I starred at her, knowing she really didn’t know which side to pick. “Jei is right,” she muttered nervously. “If the whole pack besides you is against the other, than it is your job to be submissive Raksha. Going against the pack is challenging the leader, and that’s going to spark a lot of problems you know.” I rolled my eyes at her, “Wow Shradda, thanks for your advise, I didn’t know that.” She kind of backed down and took a step backwards; she was such a pup when it came to things like this, the exact opposite of an alpha basically.

Jei glared at me, and I realized I was really pushing my luck with Shradda since she was the only one kind of going on my side. “Sakiyo isn’t going to be happy hearing about this,” he muttered at me, disgusted. I remembered Kane then, who was starring at me, I felt his grin. I felt that trigger of rebellion he gave me, that light of energy. I turned to Jei, “Then let him be angry for some stupid reason. Tell him I’m not opposing the pack, but I’m not backing down to something just because he says so.” Jei nodded, funny because he’s usually go out-going until you get him mad. “I’ll tell him,” he turned to Shradda, “Come on; I’m not sticking around here anymore.” He turned back to me, “and put out the fire at our little party after you’re done having fun with that pack over there. It’s a beach rule.”

I felt my heart sort of flatten at his attitude. With that, he turned and jumped into wolf form with Shradda following and started jogging to the house now with Sakiyo taking the car. I sighed, turning into wolf form, I just basically screwed myself. I winced at my arm, multiple little teeth marks with blood streaming down and dripping off my fingers.

Kane walked up to me and smiled, and by now I was just kind of ticked at him, not even that smile really fazing me. “How about we get that beautiful paw of yours fixed up, and then we do that walk on the beach I’ve been fantasizing about ever since your pack pulled you away from it.”

I felt a blush spark, but in the back of my head, I remembered Jei’s words ‘have fun with your little date with Kane.’ Yeah and there was Sakiyo I had to face either tonight or tomorrow, knowing him it’d be tomorrow in front of the whole pack where he planned to teach me a lesson, and knowing Jei he was going to be a first grader tattletale and bitch off every single detail to him, and making himself stand out as defending the pack and me going against it. I sighed, “Hey I’m going to go through hell with my pack tomorrow, so what do I have to loose?” I joked, taking his hand in mind and feeling the spark.
***
♠ ♠ ♠
omg, i had so much fun killing peoples feelings in this chapter that I didn't leave room for Kane and Raksha's little date ... :(
Oh well, GO GET EM NIKKICHU! =] we shall update soon mibbians!
<3--