Status: Complete. <3

Tonight I'm Loving You

Promise

Another day. Another visit. Things were going well between Enrique and Satia. It seemed maybe he could be a decent father to my little girl and that fact impressed me. Satia had really taken a like to him and always looked forward when he showed up at the door.

"Thank you."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to tell me that every time you come visit."

Enrique sighed. "Yeah. I do. You could have not let let me see her and--"

"Yeah, yeah. Okay," I said.

"Enrique?" Satia asked as she stood between us. "Are you coming back tomorrow?"

Enrique got down to her level. "No, I have to work." Her face fell. "But...how about Saturday, so--if you're mom agrees--we can have the whole day."

Satia grinned so big, I knew I wouldn't be able to say 'no' when she asked.

"Okay," she chirped and hugged him tightly.

When she disappeared into the kitchen, he stood and looked at me. "I'm visiting my mom tonight." He paused and let out a long breath, not meeting my eyes. "I'm going to tell her about Satia. If that's okay with you," he finished quickly.

"I guess," I said with a shrug.

"And if she takes it well...she might want to see her."

"Okay."

Enrique's lips rose in a smile. "Alright. Thank you."

|

I stared at the blank canvas, forcing my brain to think of something creative. Anything. It had to be good; I hadn't sold anything for months.

I scowled when nothing came, grabbed the paintbrush, and just began to paint. Nothing was planned, but I lost myself in my work again, time passing like the cars outside.

My cellphone rang from my pocket and, after wiping my hands on a paper towel, I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID.

Enrique Calling.

"Hello."

"Rosin. I told her."

"And?"

"She was more pissed over the fact that I hadn't told her she had a granddaughter rather than the fact that...we weren't married or anything like that."

"Oh."

"She does want to meet Satia."

"When?"

"Whenever works for you."

"You were talking about Saturday..."

"Saturday's perfect. I'll pick you up around noon."

"Sounds good."

Saturday rolled around quicker than I expected. I had another term paper to work on and had barely reached breaking the first page.

I dressed Satia in her favorite summer dress. It was white, adorned with little purple flowers, and came to her knees. She looked so beautiful, especially when I french-braided her hair. We walked out of the apartment building just as Enrique opened the back door to the black car that had pulled up.

Without question, Satia sprang into the back. Enrique smiled and looked at me. "Coming?"

"This is between you, your mom, and Satia."

"You're the other half of Satia," he said and nodded to the car. "Get in."

Satia had the window; she wanted to look out at the new part of Madrid we were passing through. I sat in the middle, trying to stay as far away from Enrique as the chauffeur drove us to Enrique's mother's house.

When we pulled up, I saw the look of amazement on Satia's face and smiled. We climbed out. Satia took my hand and then raced forward to to grab Enrique's. I was not pleased with this chain, but said nothing. I didn't want him to think he was getting to me just because he was making our daughter happy.

The house was hugged and as we walked up the steps leading up to it, I felt my stomach knot. I knew what she'd think. I was some slut who'd slept her son and now was asking for money. I was a cheapo bimbo who wanted someone to take care of her. The odds were not in my favor...

When we stepped inside, Satia gasped. "Its so pretty."

It was. And expensive looking. I blew my bangs out of my face. God, this was going to be bad.

"Enrique?"

"Yeah, Mom. We're here."

A short, dark-haired woman came scurrying out from the dining room and at the sight of Satia her face brightened.

"Oh! You must be the precious little angel Enrique told me about!" she said, bending down to look at her. "You have to be! No one else has as gorgeous eyes as him."

Satia ducked her head shyly and pressed against my leg.

"Oh, precious." She turned to her son and shook her finger at him. Then a string of what I imagined was Spanish profanity was hurled at him to which Enrique took a step back from.

"Mama, I'm sorry," he said.

She held and hand up and turned away. "That's enough of your words. You must be Rosin."

I nodded and held out my hand. "Yes."

She took it in both of her's. "Bless you for caring for my son's child on these years. He tends to shrug responsibilities at the most inopportune times." Enrique rolled his eyes at this. "Call me Isabel. Or Mom. I don't care which."

I smiled. She was nicer than I thought she'd be.

"Rosin, would you mind helping me bring stuff out to the porch? Enrique, why don't you show Satia around the house."

"Sure. Let's go, Satia," Enrique said with a smile and she trotted after him, giggling.

Isabel watched after them. "I wondered if he'd make a good father..."She turned to me. "Does he?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah."

She smiled. "Good." I followed her into the spacious kitchen. "I want to tell you though...if I were you I would have slammed the door in his face. What he did to you..." She shook her head brusquely. "I couldn't believe my son would do that to a woman! Especially one as nice as you."

I smiled. "I did slam the door in his face."

"You did?" She looked at me in surprise. "Did you slap him?"

"I did."

"And he still came back?" I nodded and she grinned. "Well...that says a lot about you."

"It does?"

"Yes! But...we'll talk about that later. Let's get this outside." She handed me a bowl of lettuce and grabbed a foil-covered plate.

We set everything outside and Isabel called Enrique and Satia to dinner. Enrique came out with Satia slung over his shoulder. She was laughing and screaming. Enrique's smile...it was so genuine and sweet as he set her down in the chair.

It made my heart melt all over again.

"Rosin?"

I started and looked over at Isabel. "Yes?"

"Pass me the salad, please?"

I blushed and handed it to her. She gave me a knowing smile which made my face heat up more.

"So..." Isabel said, when we'd all been served. "What are your plans?"

"What plans?" Enrique asked.

"Surely, you're going to marry her."

The fork froze halfway to my open mouth and Enrique stared at him mother. "I..."

"Enrique! Don't you think you've done enough to this poor girl? I'd think if you loved her enough to--"

"Its fine, Mrs. Iglesias--I mean--Isabel. What's the point in getting married if we don't love each other?"

Isabel cocked her head to the side in thought. "I suppose you're right."

"She is because you've been married three time..." Enrique muttered.

She glared at him. "That's not important. You still will be taking care of this darling little girl when the next one comes along."

Bitterness filled me when she said 'the next one'. Of course, there would be others. There always were. He was a superstar and he could have whatever girl he wanted...He wouldn't stay single just because he wanted to take care of Satia.

"I will be here for her always," he said and he looked at me. "I promise you that."
♠ ♠ ♠
New banner? Do you like? Or hate?

Chapter? Like or hate?

New stories! The Black Dragon & (Co-write) Rule the World

Awesome person of the month is WhitneySheree!! If you guys want to be on this list...COMMENT! They make me more ambitious and...stuff. xD

You're all awesome just so you know. ;)

Comments? Subscriptions? Love? <3