Status: Completed!

Like Phantoms Forever

Like Scarecrows That Fuel This Flame

I dug through my jewelry box, cursing myself for not organizing it every time I said I would. I was running late, as usual. Mikey would be here any minute to pick me up for the party and I was barely dressed. Every year my publisher has a party for its authors. I’d almost forgotten about it until Sophie had called and asked if I was going this year.
I had just finished putting my earrings in when the doorbell rang. I went down the stairs as quickly as I could in these godforsaken heels to open the door.
I swear I almost choked on air when I saw Mikey. I’d never seen him in a suit before and god damn did he look fantastic.
“Emmy, you look beautiful.” He said, leaning in to give me a kiss. We’d slowly started easing into the physical side of our relationship again. We’d pretty much worked our way all the way up into the make-out phase. It was only a matter of time before we made it to home plate.
“You look great in a suit.” I said when I managed to find my voice. He smiled.
“Thanks.” He led the way to the car. We spent most of the drive over in comfortable silence. That was one of the things I loved most about Mikey. You could sit in silence and not feel awkward or uncomfortable.
He gave me a hand out of the car when we pulled up to the restaurant, keeping one hand on my waist as we walked in.
“Emmy!” Sophie called, beckoning to me from the corner table she’d snagged. I leaned down to kiss her cheek when we finally got over to her.
“Hey Soph. I love your dress.” I said. She had on this red dress that was probably causing heart palpitations to every man in the room.
“And who might this be?” I knew Sophie knew who Mikey was, but she was gonna make me introduce them anyway.
“Mikey, this is my dear friend Sophie. Sophie, my boyfriend Mikey.” I said. Mikey shook her hand and we sat down to enjoy our dinner.
Then we sat through about half an hour of boring speeches before we were allowed to mingle and talk with the other authors and the publishers. Overall, it was a fun night, but even better because Mikey was here.
I had definitely fallen more in love with him over the past few months we’ve been getting to know each other again. He’s absolutely perfect. We’re like two puzzle pieces, finally finding the match.
Finally the party was over and we got back in the car. I spent most of the time just studying his face. His bone structure was absolutely perfect.
“Do I have something on my face?” He asked.
“What?” I said.
“You’re staring at me.” He turned his head to look at me, grinning. “Am I just that goodlooking?”
“Yeah, actually.” I admitted. We pulled into my driveway and he walked me to my door. I hesitated as I was about to go in. “Do you wanna come in?”
“Do you want to watch a movie or something?” He asked, looking confused. Suddenly I just couldn’t take it anymore and I grabbed him by the tie, hauling him into the house and kissing him. He got the idea pretty quick, hands gripping my hips as he kissed me back.
Somehow we managed to get up the stairs and into my room without breaking our kiss or our necks. Clothes started flying in every direction and then we were joined.
And I didn’t have to push him away this time. This time I got to enjoy the feeling of laying in his arms while he stroked my hair.
“I love you Emmy.” He said.
“I love you too.” I was starting to get drowsy, and I could hear the sleepiness in his voice too. We fell asleep wrapped up together like that.
And it was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
Sorry about the terrible updates, life has just been getting away from me.