Status: Completed!

Like Phantoms Forever

You're The Only One

It’s been over a year since Mikey and I got back together. A good six months of that he was on tour and I was finishing up my book and doing book tours, but now we were both finally back home in L.A. to enjoy some much needed couple time.
We were currently hanging out in the backyard with Zero, enjoying the sunset and the warm September evening. I was lazily tracing circles on Mikey’s arm that was wrapped over my waist.
“I wish we never had to move.” I said.
“I wish you would come out on tour with us sometime.” Mikey kissed the side of my head.
“I didn’t have time before, but maybe now I can spend like a week or two out with you.” I shifted and something hard jabbed into my side. “Christ, what was that?”
“My cell phone.” He said it so quickly I was almost certain it was a lie, but I let it go. We were quiet, just looking at the streaks of orange and pink on the horizon.
“You know how much I love you, right Em?” He said suddenly.
“Of course I do.”
“And you know how happy you make me?”
“Of course Mikey.” I turned my head to look at him. “Why are you talking about this? Is something wrong?”
“No, nothing’s wrong.” I barely heard him mutter under his breath, “God, I’m fucking this up.”
“Did something happen? Oh god, this is where you’re gonna tell me you have cancer and you only have a few months to live-”
“Emmy, I’m fine.” He interrupted my rambling. “I’m not sick and I’m not going to die any time soon. I just…I really love you.”
“I really love you too.” I kissed the back of his hand.
“I want to spend the rest of my life with you Emmy.” He tightened his arms around me. “I want to be old and gray with you, sitting in rocking chairs on our front porch and watching our grandkids play.”
“What are you saying Mikey?” I didn’t dare think he was saying what I think he was saying.
“Marry me Emmy.” He said.
“I’d love to.” I started to tear up a little when he slipped a small box out of his pocket and took the ring it held out to slip it on my finger.
This was going to be forever. He was always my one and only, the boy I loved in high school that taught me to love, and the man here and now who healed my broken heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmy
And that's all folks! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Emmy really is a little piece of me and I'm sad to see her story end.