Status: Active

Subtle As A Shotgun, Heavy As A Brick

Changing Colors While I Sleep

"Oi! Mate!" I heard Matt yell as he walked into the bus.

"what are yeh yelling about?" I asked him, coming out of the bathroom.

"yeh've got to talk to Evalynn."

"realleh? and why's that?"

"Because in 6 hours we are boardin tha plane to Australia and she's gonna go back ta Sheffield when we land if yeh don't."

"yeh mean she's leaving the tour? why?" he was really beginning to confuse me. why would she leave the tour? i didn't want her to, but surely i couldn't do anything to stop her.

"the onleh reason she even came on this tour was because yeh her best friend and yeh asked her. now yeh don't even give her a simple 'good mornin'. i'm telling yeh mate, yeh got to talk to her"

To be honest, it was killing me not talking to her. Maybe he was right. She is my best friend and i love her, more than she'd ever know. We were halfway through the tour, starting on the European portion very soon. She couldn’t leave yet – I promised her I’d show her the world.

***


As we were boarding the plane, I checked my ticket – looks like I was sitting next to Jona. Matty and Lea were behind us while Vegan and Evalynn were a few rows up and across the aisle. We had a 13 hour flight back to Australia. After about an hour, I had worked up enough courage to go talk to her. I walked up to their row, Vegan had the aisle seat and Ev had the window seat.

“hey mate. Yeh mind switching seats wif meh for a little while?” I asked him quietly, glancing over at her. He got up and I sat down in my new seat as she looked up to meet my eyes. “errm, hey..”
“hey oli” she said turning back to the window.

“can we talk about some stuffs?” I asked her. She looked back to me and nodded. “so how are yeh and tommeh doing?”

“I thought you were being serious” she laughed dryly.

“I am bein serious. Are yeh gonna date now or somefin?”

“oliver, it was a drunken mistake on both parts. To be honest I don’t even remember most of it. Why can’t you let this go already?” she asked. because I love you, that’s why I can’t let it go.

“juss seems weird. Tha’s all.”

After a few minutes of silence she asked, "oliver, can you be my best friend again?"
♠ ♠ ♠
(:

thanks for the comments everyone!
I'll update again soon.