Status: Finished! Sequel up!

Blood and Flowers

Coffee

After we separated from our heated embrace, he asked me "Are you okay?" Concern shown in his eyes as I saw myself reflected in his hazel orbs.

"I’m okay Mikey." I told him.

"Okay. Lets’ go home." I nodded and he pressed a kiss to my forehead, I felt his fangs behind his lips when he did this.

Apparently he’s still pissed or protective.

He held my hand and growled at another cop who looked at me as we began to head back, ending up at his car again.

"Mikey?" I asked as we began to speed down the road.

"Yes?"

"Can we stop at Starbucks?"

He smirked.

"Why?"

"I want coffee."

He grinned with his teeth.

"Alright."

I beamed as we turned a corner smoothly headed toward the Starbucks sign in the distance.

The stereo played Ozzy as we parked in a spot with a sign that said ‘D’ on it.

We got out, closed the doors and went up to the door. A girl who was formally mopping the floor quickly opened the door for us, sloshing some of her mop water onto the floor as she scrambled.

I told her thank you and she practically bowed to Mikey.

"Y-your welcome miss." She said, sounding nervous.

Was she afraid of me?

Shrugging it off, I watched Mikey walk straight to the front of the line. I followed his lead feeling out of place.

It’s rude to budge in line, so why do it?

I looked at the people who all looked like they were ready to pee themselves.

Is this how I used to be? Scared of vampires and terrified that I would upset one? Worried that they would kill me for not saying something right, or not like......bowing down? Did I used to cower like these people?

"…..Sarria?"

I looked at Mikey.

"I asked what you wanted." He said.

I looked at the petrified cashier. "Medium black coffee." I told him.

He nodded and asked Mikey. "D-do you want t-to pay-y or....." like it was optional.

Mikey looked at me. "Do you think we should pay these worthless beings?"

I nodded.

Mikey sighed and pulled a ten out of his wallet handing it to the man. The cashier took it gingerly, careful not not to touch my Dom as he did so, hand shaking.
We got our coffee and Mikey lead us to a booth.

The people who were sitting near by stood and moved to another table. I decided then I didn’t like this.

I like people, when they weren't shoving me into lockers.

And I don’t see any lockers here.

I bit my lip before drinking my hot coffee, enjoying the bitter taste. Mikey seemed to notice my discomfort.

"What’s wrong?"

"Their afraid of us Mikes."

"With good reason." He said.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Well, I am a Dominant vampire and that's reason enough. Their scared of you because if they hurt you or get you mad they have me to deal with."

That makes since but......

"I want a human friend." the thought slipped out.

His hazel eyes widened then he calmed down.

"Okay. Gerard has a human friend. Lindsey is her name. I’ll arrange you to meet her."

I nodded and we drank more of our coffee.

Soon, we were headed home listening to Black Flag.

When we arrived, Mikey went to speak to Gerard so Frank and I watched TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but here it is. The next on will be longer!

Thoughts?

I want to thank all my readers, commenters and subscribers, You guys keep me going!

If you want to as when the next chapter might be up, I won't hurt you for it! Ask if you want.