Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Oh, don't be silly.

“Right here. I can’t bend it. The pain is right here.” I said as I pointed to the side of my knee. “It felt like my knee popped out and popped back in.”

I continued to tell the doctor as he twisted and turned my knee to try to evaluate it.

“Oh my god, babe! What happened to you?”

I turned around and saw Katie. “Hey BABE!” I winked.

“Oh stop it! It slipped cause I was so worried. Are you alright?”

“I’m good. He said it is probably a torn ACL.”

“A whaaat?”

“Ligament in the knee.”

She looked at me weird. “Please tell me you know what the knee is…”

“Yes, I do… I was just shocked.” She gave me an evil look back, but I thought it was sexy. Not sure if it was the pain killers they had given me or just the fact that she looked so hot in that short dress.

“Just making sure!”

“So does this mean you’re out?” She asked.

“For now. He won’t even be able to put weight on it for a few days until the swelling goes down and we will take it from there.” The doctor chimed in. I had actually forgotten that he was even here. She had taken all my attention.

The look on her face was hard to look at with the tears running down her face. She was shocked and I could tell that she really cared about me.

I leaned forward and grabbed her hand, pulling her toward me.

“I love you.” I mouthed to her and the tears seemed to immediately turn to tears of joy, as a smile found her face. God, I hope she feels the same way.

“Where are your parents?” She asked me, concerned.

“Oh man! I don’t even have my phone with me. They are probably going crazy!”

“Let me go get it!” She said. “Where is it?”

“On the middle shelf of the cabinet in the top of my locker. It is under my hat, with my wallet and keys.”

“I’ll be right back then.” She smiled at me, turning around until I kissed her hand and she looked back. “Let me go get that! They’re gonna have heart attacks!”

She walked away quickly and I couldn’t help but watch her. She had such a perfect body, not too thin, but toned. I wanted her so much right now.

“Alright, bud. I am gonna go run and get you a brace.” The doctor said and snapped me out of my daze.

Probably better off though. I don’t even know what would have happened if I kept thinking about her.

“Thanks, man. I owe ya one.”

The trainer left and this time I didn’t watch the person as they walked away. I sat for a minute and I heard Katie’s heels coming back this way. She was on my phone and I just smiled when I saw her.

“I will come and let you in now.”

“Alright, bye bye.”

I listened to her as she talked to who I am guessing was my mom.

“Mom?” I asked when she handed me the phone.

“How’d you know?” She joked.

“Cause my dad would be worried, but know I would be fine and just want the people to do their work. My mom on the other hand would want to be right over everyone through it all. I AM her baby boy.” I joked and Katie laughed her beautiful laugh.

“Let me go let them in, crazy boy.”

She walked away and this time I made myself not watch. She was going to get my parents, after all.

“Alright, my friend. Here it is.” Joe came back with the brace.

“Well that looks comfortable.” I joked to him.

“Don’t bet on it. This bad boy is the best stabilizer available right now.”

“Only the best for my baby, right doc?” My mom said as she walked in.

Her and Katie walked over to me. “How are you, honey?”

“I’m fine, ma. After I get the brace on, we can head back to get changed before dinner.”

“I don’t think so. You need to rest. We can go out another night. Tomorrow maybe.”

“But I am leaving for New York tomorrow night after the game.”

“Oh no you’re not. You are staying here. You have testing the next few days. Sorry, man.” Joe said and he started to finally put on the brace.

“So tomorrow it is.” My mom says.

After a little more small talk about how my leg felt, it was time for me to leave. The game wasn’t even over yet, but everyone wanted me to go home, so I did.

“Bye mom. Let them all know I am fine. I’ll call you guys in a little while. Love you.”

“Love you too! Take it easy!”

She left the training room and went to meet my dad back at the seats.

“Ready?” I asked Katie as I crutched to her and grabbed her hand.

“Yes sir. Do you need anything from the locker room, or are you all set?”

“I need my keys and wallet, but I can get them!”

“Oh, don’t be silly. Is that it? I’ll be right back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. I have another chapter started so it should be up soon! Not gonna give a day though, cause I rarely ever end up having it up by the day I say and then I feel bad. Enjoy(: